10 gallon Reef Tank Transformation

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Lol skimmer still works great and it has got better at it's job if it's possible just have to replace the cork stone every 3 months to make sure the bubbles don't reduce but other than that all is good... Getting myself a 20w led light upgrade will tag some new pics once that is in.

Lol skimmer still works great and it has got better at it's job if it's possible just have to replace the cork stone every 3 months to make sure the bubbles don't reduce but other than that all is good... Getting myself a 20w led light upgrade will tag some new pics once that is in.

How did u make it though?

You want me to make it or you want to know if it can be done for a sump???

You can try the resun sk300 an excellent skimmer for a nano reef... I have it on two of my tanks and it works great and low cost too... It goes for about 30 bucks on eBay.

image-2537556112.jpg

You want me to make it or you want to know if it can be done for a sump???

You can try the resun sk300 an excellent skimmer for a nano reef... I have it on two of my tanks and it works great and low cost too... It goes for about 30 bucks on eBay.

I waa wondering if u could make one. Lol the resun skimmer wont work here because of the 220v it takes... :-(

Lol would love to but unfortunately I am all the way in Sri Lanka and since it is just a home made item don't think it would last the flight :) there are lotsa DIY videos on skimmers that you can check out on YouTube

Lol would love to but unfortunately I am all the way in Sri Lanka and since it is just a home made item don't think it would last the flight :) there are lotsa DIY videos on skimmers that you can check out on YouTube

I wish I had skills and ingenuity to make something like that

Dude you don't need skill cause I suck at making stuff... Just the items and a measuring tape and just follow the video... :)

Any hardware should have it... Buy extra so you can trim it down if needed... Better to have more than less :)

Any hardware should have it... Buy extra so you can trim it down if needed... Better to have more than less :)

Ok. So slip tube through both bottles, cut bottom off larger bottle, slip intake through side and connect the tube to the outlet portion of the pump. Do u remove the whole thing when u clean out the collection cup?

Well you can clean the whole skimmer every couple of months but as for the skim in the collection area... Just keep a small hope in the top of the collection bottle and you can siphon it out with a bit of air line tube.

Back
Top Bottom