10 nano start up

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
But you can breed things to get all sorts of traits. Look at fruit flies, you can get wrinkled wings, white eyes, flightless, wingless, etc... And now I'm off topic haha.

Yeah I understand it's more letters than x and y but what would they start with to get a deformation like missing vertebrae? But anyway biology 101 is hurting my brain no stubby clowns for me that is cruel like inbreeding pit bulls young for these "razor edge and bully pits" everyone around me has these dogs and man they are more delicate than a chihuahua but back to the saltwater subject so fish for a ten gallon what's out there that is small enough and has either nice coloration or shape?

Yeah I understand it's more letters than x and y but what would they start with to get a deformation like missing vertebrae? But anyway biology 101 is hurting my brain no stubby clowns for me that is cruel like inbreeding pit bulls young for these "razor edge and bully pits" everyone around me has these dogs and man they are more delicate than a chihuahua but back to the saltwater subject so fish for a ten gallon what's out there that is small enough and has either nice coloration or shape?

small gobies, blennys, go on live aquaria and go to the nano fish section and select your tank size.

Clown gobies are great, I have one that will come to the "feeding corner" as soon as he sees me come close with a turkey baster and bowl :). They're great for nano tanks too!

How many of these and a cleaner crew would be ok in a 10 gallon?
Like 1 Mexican turbo
1 scarlet skunk cleaner
Maybe an electric orange or blue hermit crab

How many of these and a cleaner crew would be ok in a 10 gallon?
Like 1 Mexican turbo
1 scarlet skunk cleaner
Maybe an electric orange or blue hermit crab

A CUC isn't really necessary, according to most people (but can be fun to watch!), but a few snails are a good idea to cut down on algae IMO. A cleaner would be fine, they're very fun to watch :) but aren't part of a CUC as they need to be fed also.

Turbos are very high bioload IME for their size, plus they can starve very easily - I would recommend maybe 4-5 nerites, they're cheaper than turbos too. But definitely only get one to start with, and maybe add one every week or so to let the algae they feed on build up.

Hermits can kill snails, but usually only the blue legged ones. A few red/oranges should be fine, but like I said stagger their introduction to ensure a plentiful food supply.

Alright 1 week and 6 days in update we have algae and lots of it all over the place I haven't touched it I know it'll burn off after it has nothing left to feed on but man it like one of those itches that just itch so bad but I'll leave it be for now. Water levels are ammo 0 nitrite .3-.4 and nitrAte between 30-40 ppm so anyone know about when it might be safe to get the clown goby in?ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1400973037.975890.jpg

Those aren't the diatoms that are part of the cycle. Just a green algae that I can't seem to remember what it's called.

The clown goby should go in after ammonia and nitrite are 0 and Nitrate is <5.

Oh no that's green hair algae these are diatoms on the sandImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1401048873.728399.jpg
The hair algae covered what was on the glass. But I hear green hair algae need nitrAte and light, also that nitrAte is at the end of the cycle right and the diatoms have come and gone well for the most part there are still patches here and there never got a picture of the diatoms cause it was just nasty looking
My lfs said I'll get diatoms and maybe some hair algae he didn't say how much hair algae but my diatoms were worse than the hair algae

Yep bryopsis is what my lfs said when I sent him the pic he said leave it in after the nitrates are gone they will die off he said since I'm not in a hurry to put fish in right away just to let it do it's thing

The whole cycle is going a bit faster than I thought it would. 3 pieces of live rock one about every 5-6 days apart all with ammo spikes the next day. dr Tim's one and only nitrifying bact. On day one and lights 8-10 hours a day I was trying to take this slowly but it seem I already have a hermit crab living in it anyone know what type it is here's another pic of himImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1401050107.501855.jpg it's legs look a bit blue, blue hermit?

Oh no that's green hair algae these are diatoms on the sandView attachment 238380
The hair algae covered what was on the glass. But I hear green hair algae need nitrAte and light, also that nitrAte is at the end of the cycle right and the diatoms have come and gone well for the most part there are still patches here and there never got a picture of the diatoms cause it was just nasty looking
My lfs said I'll get diatoms and maybe some hair algae he didn't say how much hair algae but my diatoms were worse than the hair algae

I didn't say green hair algae..,
Compared to the bryopsis (thanks, went brain dead for a minute) the diatoms aren't there. I couldn't see through the algae.

Back
Top Bottom