10g Reef Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So here's everything as of now. My clownfish is acting very strange. He's just staying at the top left corner of the tank and swimming weirdly. He rarely goes towards the bottom of the tank. Does anybody know whats wrong? I checked my params and everything is fine. Also I did a water change yesterday, so I don't think the water is a problem.

Attachments

• image-383944205.jpg
    image-383944205.jpg
    159.3 KB · Views: 198
Could be hosting the corner of your tank, I had a pair of clowns that hid behind my skimmer for the first six months! Just make sure it's eating and looks healthy and keep your water in check. Unless he is displaying itching or heavy breathing he should be fine, clowns can be very strange creatures!

Could be hosting the corner of your tank, I had a pair of clowns that hid behind my skimmer for the first six months! Just make sure it's eating and looks healthy and keep your water in check. Unless he is displaying itching or heavy breathing he should be fine, clowns can be very strange creatures!

Is there any way to get him to host a coral when I get them, or something more in the middle of the tank?

Nope, he'll choose a coral or an object whenever he feels like it. No influencing his choice sadly

I'm still not liking the aquascaping right now. It's going to be a reef tank sometime soon, but I just need to finish aquascaping. Any ideas anybody? The picture of the tank right now is on the second page.

Could make so you have a moutain of rock on one side an have it leading down to the bare side at an angle

Also, before I move around my tank, I have a quick question. Should I go topless, or glass top on my tank? I might ditch the firefish because it can jump out in a topless. No top would be easier and prettier, but my tank is close to the ground- within reach of my cats. Also I'll have to really keep up with topping off the tank. So what's everyone's opinions? Will the cats do anything? They seem really interested right now.

Also, before I move around my tank, I have a quick question. Should I go topless, or glass top on my tank? I might ditch the firefish because it can jump out in a topless. No top would be easier and prettier, but my tank is close to the ground- within reach of my cats. Also I'll have to really keep up with topping off the tank. So what's everyone's opinions? Will the cats do anything? They seem really interested right now.

if you go topless the evaporation rate goes up and you will have do more top offs. i think your cats will probably try to drink the water and im pretty sure saltwater isnt too good for then. if you put a top on i would do plexiglass. glass absorbs some of the light and makes your lighting less powerful but plexiglass and acrylic wont

Mine is topless and I really wish I had a top. I find all kinds of nats in it an to keep jumpers like the fire fish in

Back
Top Bottom