12 gal Fluval Edge tank set up help!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jadejordin

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hey guys! I haven't been here for probably a year or more and a lot has happened.
If you don't know already, I had a 125 gal tank with coral and reef fish, and also had a 55 gal tank with a few aggressive fish and live rock.
I say had because I had something happen that is every 'aquariumist' worst nightmare:

My house caught on fire. And for the simplest thing. We did not set up the "drip loop" set up. It's so easy, but we never paid any attention. Just simply make sure the wires touch the ground before looping back up to the electric socket.

IF YOU DON'T READ ANYTHING FROM THIS, READ THIS ONE PART: DO THE "DRIP LOOP"!

Everyone's fine, nobody was home; dogs are safe. But ALL of the fish and almost all the coral is dead. We have a few polyps and a leather hand left, but in bad condition.

Now almost 5 months later, me and my dad miss it so much.
I see all the time people say they had to give up their tank for whatever reason, but we didn't want to give it up. We weren't given an option.
So for my dad's birthday, I went and got him a 12 gal tank from Fluval Edge. It was Black Friday and they were selling it for 100 bucks! I think I got a good deal.:cool:
Anyways, I made the mistake of doing an impulse buy, and I have now realized the lights are in questioning. My dad was the one who did more of the coral, and I never really paid any attention to lights needed for that precious cargo. Which finally leads me to my question:

What lights should I add on for this tank or should I even get lights? The box says it has 42 LED lights with a day/ night option.

This is probably a stupid question, but I am horrible when it comes to lights

So please, DUMB IT DOWN AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE :facepalm:

Sorry for the long message, but thanks for the help!

:thanks::fish1:

Back
Top Bottom