14 gallon reef tank making progress

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Tank is almost a year, a week away! I'm still moving things around though. Below is an update FTS and some growth pics of my birds nest and monti caps from 5/1 to today. Struggling a bit with my zoas, I dipped them earlier this week and may do again in a few days if no improvements. One of my torch heads is half way retracted too. Will keep testing water and doing water changes, not sure what's going on there.

Photo dump- still haven't figured out how to get good pictures, under whites everything looks dull and washed out but way too blue and dark under actinics. Need to go get one of those orange filters Paul uses.

FTS

Birdsnest 5-1

Birdsnest 7-17

Monti caps 5-1

Monti caps 7-17

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Another photo dump...all under actic only.

Duncans...still one of my favorites in the tank and they have continued to grow well...up from 3 to over 15 heads

Blastos recovering from the RFA and mushroom attacks

Acans, want some more colors to add to them.

Watermelon chalice finally making some progress, it was down to one mouth/eye and since dosing is back up to 6-7. Still not as big or vibrant as it was when I got it but it's hopeful.

Cabbage leather and favia

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

how are those gorgonian's are they pretty hardy as I'm thinking about getting a few for my tank, it's hard to believe your tanks only 14g it's got so much going on I love it

how are those gorgonian's are they pretty hardy as I'm thinking about getting a few for my tank, it's hard to believe your tanks only 14g it's got so much going on I love it

They are stressful! Some days they look great and others don't open much. I've had to scrub algae off the yellow one on a few occasions too. I'm trying to feed them well but also worried about water quality. If I did it over I'd probably do photosynthetic gorgs. But I do loooove the colors of all of these so I will enjoy them and try to care for them as long as possible:

Thanks!

I went for water yesterday and picked up a frag and a fish as a birthday gift to the tank :)

Cool colored trumpets and a baby blackline blenny, so cute.

Nice! I love the little Blackline! Mine is definitely a favorite!
QF3Ywcg.jpg

Nice! I love the little Blackline! Mine is definitely a favorite!
QF3Ywcg.jpg

I love yours! I hadn't actively been looking for one because I still thought I was going to go with a tailspot. He had several of these babies in yesterday and they were so cute...so it was a bit of an impulse buy but I'm very happy with it. Also figured it would be more active than the tailspot so I went with it.

I love yours! I hadn't actively been looking for one because I still thought I was going to go with a tailspot. He had several of these babies in yesterday and they were so cute...so it was a bit of an impulse buy but I'm very happy with it. Also figured it would be more active than the tailspot so I went with it.

Thanks! I would have chose the same. :) The tailspots can get nippy with coral. Both awesome little fish though. My Blackline stays active, almost in a wrasse-like way, picking at the rock and closely examining things.

Awesome! I love the setup! How are you keeping the blueberry sea fan alive?

Thanks! I love that little blueberry. I'm trying to target feed it with zooplankton, cyclopeez, and a "slushy mix" about once a day. I also have stomatellas that spawn often and I've read that the NPS gorgs will feed on what is released in the water by inverts, so it may be capturing some of that as well. I've only had it since May so I don't consider it a long term success yet, but I'm trying.

I went back to work in August so I haven't had much time for the tank and getting on the forums, but the additional funds for the tank are nice. Picked up this brain and baby bubble. Battling some GHA again, did a large water change this weekend and picked up more water to do another midweek, cutting back photoperiod for the week too....we'll see!

Looks awesome how you fitting it all in , at that rate I have to think your ready for a move soon lol ,

Looks awesome how you fitting it all in , at that rate I have to think your ready for a move soon lol ,

Why do you think I went back to work?!!? ;) I'm looking around trying to figure out what I want while saving up the funds. I don't want to go too big and get overwhelmed, but I want to make a decent upgrade to have more space that will allow for larger, more active fish and also a larger water volume so the parameters are more stable. Not sure how soon it will happen...hoping around the holidays since I will have a two week vacation to work on it, but we'll see because holidays are so busy already. Until then I'm going to overcrowd my tank with corals because I'm an addict :)

Back
Top Bottom