16G BowFront --> 29G Reef Tank Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I've only ever had to use epoxy on a couple of rocks in any of the reefs I kept. If you really love a rock combination and it's just not stable then you could epoxy it but you rarely need to do that in most aquascapes. If rocks start to tumble you'll know right away that it's time to bust out the underwater epoxy.

ughhh rock scaping is so hard!!!! i dont think i really like either of these setups.. what do you think???

and out of the 8 pieces i bought off my neighbor, only 2 of them are actually being used right now lol

Attachments

• New Look.jpg
    New Look.jpg
    142.5 KB · Views: 68
  • New Look 2.jpg
    New Look 2.jpg
    165.2 KB · Views: 73
i like the first picture bc of all the locations i made for corals, but i like the 2nd picture just as much bc it looks cooler, but not so many places for corals, more of a wall of rock :/

Just remember you can glue your corals into place so you don't have to have a flat surface to place them. I like to glue mine onto walls of my rock which gives it a different look and easier to view the coral

DanS180 said:
i like the first picture bc of all the locations i made for corals, but i like the 2nd picture just as much bc it looks cooler, but not so many places for corals, more of a wall of rock :/

Actually, I think the 1st picture looks way cooler. Given that it also has better places for corals... that would be a home run. It's always harder to tell from a pic than in person but that first pic looks great. It's your rank though, so the only opinion that matters here is yours. Besides, you can always change it up anytime you get a new idea.

Just remember you can glue your corals into place so you don't have to have a flat surface to place them. I like to glue mine onto walls of my rock which gives it a different look and easier to view the coral

yeah thats true, thats prolly what ill have to do with a majority of them, where would i get epoxy from??

I put hearts on the spots I loved!

I think both ways look good. Just keep doing rescapes until you get it how you like it.

CorallineAlgae said:
Actually, I think the 1st picture looks way cooler. Given that it also has better places for corals... that would be a home run. It's always harder to tell from a pic than in person but that first pic looks great. It's your rank though, so the only opinion that matters here is yours. Besides, you can always change it up anytime you get a new idea.

+1 if you could give us a shot from the side pane we could get a better feel of depth

okay then its staying this way, u and my GF both said they like it lol :)

Bearchumjs said:
I put hearts on the spots I loved!

I think both ways look good. Just keep doing rescapes until you get it how you like it.

I just noticed you did this! Haha unfortunately its set up the other way now haha

Here's 2 side shots, the one shot is a little close to the tank but i cant do any better, the tank is up against the wall haha

AND i got my replacement Skilter 250 in the mail today!!!! hopefully this one doesnt leak like the other one lol now just waiting on my new light :) what a good day so far!!

Attachments

• Sideview.jpg
    Sideview.jpg
    163 KB · Views: 68
  • Sideview 2.jpg
    Sideview 2.jpg
    178.5 KB · Views: 73
Okay skilter is hooked up.. little noisy as coralinealgae stated but overall MUCH better flow :) lights hooked up and looking amazing!!!

alright here it is... Blue Light, White Light, Both Lights, and Moon LEDs :) what a difference it makes

Attachments

• Blue Light.jpg
    Blue Light.jpg
    178.3 KB · Views: 62
  • Both Lights.jpg
    Both Lights.jpg
    179.9 KB · Views: 69
  • Daylight.jpg
    Daylight.jpg
    186 KB · Views: 73
  • Moonlight.jpg
    Moonlight.jpg
    170.9 KB · Views: 78
Thanks!! Im hopefully goin to be getting a few corals today! :) looking to get a Green Hammer frag, some type of green/purple tip frogsprawn frag and some cheapy frag ill be getting for free ;)

Back
Top Bottom