16G BowFront --> 29G Reef Tank Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yep. Awesome! I think I'll have to get that light when I setup my next reef.

Hey, does your neighbor have an old air pump he was selling? I know he had other equipment up for sale. If you used one that Skilter would be way silent.

I can't WAIT to see that tank with some corals!!!

Yep. Awesome! I think I'll have to get that light when I setup my next reef.

Hey, does your neighbor have an old air pump he was selling? I know he had other equipment up for sale. If you used one that Skilter would be way silent.

I can't WAIT to see that tank with some corals!!!

yeah he did have some pumps but they were all old school pumps and seemed way to powerful for my tank... im not fully understanding the whole using a pump for it tho, still not clickin up there lol

and youre in luck, just picked up 4 corals :) pics coming up in a few

well the pic isnt going to be of the corals IN the tank, there acclimating right now so its a picture of that hahaha

Here it is! from top left going clockwise we have 1 Green/Purple Tip Frogsprawn (5 heads) for $20!! then we have the Green Hammer ($10) then its Radioactive Dragoneyes(zaos) $10 and last is a tiny Red Mushroom on a shell given to me for free. So i spent $40... how did i do??

Attachments

• 1st ever Corals.jpg
    1st ever Corals.jpg
    125.2 KB · Views: 68
DanS180 said:
well i got a 5 head for $20 lol AND i forgot to tell u, from what i can see, it has atleast 2 baby heads on it right now, very very tiny

Haha score, i hope it starts to split for ya. I found a 2 head frog for like 15 or something and right when i brought it home it split.... Now its 4 heads :eek:

The baby heads are cool, sadly it takes forever for them to grow!

Haha score, i hope it starts to split for ya. I found a 2 head frog for like 15 or something and right when i brought it home it split.... Now its 4 heads :eek:

The baby heads are cool, sadly it takes forever for them to grow!

aww thats cool haha, yeah thats what the guy was saying, he said baby ones take forever to grow lol but oh well, im not in any rush.. the Radioactive Dragoneye that i got apparently spreads VERY fast so thatll be cool :)

okay so i was gonna take a FTS but these guys are so small right now, itd be hard to tell haha.. the zaos havent opened up yet but they look so awesome when they are open, frogspawn is looking really good right now, and the green hammer is a lil guy, hopefully he grows decently, tell me what u think!!!

Attachments

• GreenPurple Tip Frogspawn.jpg
    GreenPurple Tip Frogspawn.jpg
    255 KB · Views: 66
  • Green Hammer.jpg
    Green Hammer.jpg
    252.5 KB · Views: 64
  • Radioactive Dragoneye Zaos.jpg
    Radioactive Dragoneye Zaos.jpg
    198.3 KB · Views: 51
  • Red Mushroom.jpg
    Red Mushroom.jpg
    210.2 KB · Views: 67
yeah i just walked over to my tank, and the zaos are starting to open up, the green hammer is almost fully opened and the frogspawn looks amazinggggg :)

Well after that long wait your finally adding corals! Feels great don't it lol looks great by the way :)

DanS180 said:
Thank you!!! and yes it feels so good to finally own corals!! TBH, i wanna go out and get more!! hahahaha

Told you its an addiction lmao

DanS180 said:
yeah my GF already said im obsessed.....

.....which i am :)

My wife just gives me looks. Almost had a little melt down today. My project to hang a piece of purple star polyp that I got on my back wall of the tank to let it spread wasn't working. After more than and hour of different thing I almost broke down all my live rock and restructured. Lol. Sorry rant over. Glad to see yours coming along.

My wife just gives me looks. Almost had a little melt down today. My project to hang a piece of purple star polyp that I got on my back wall of the tank to let it spread wasn't working. After more than and hour of different thing I almost broke down all my live rock and restructured. Lol. Sorry rant over. Glad to see yours coming along.

thats how i was last night, except it wasnt with corals, it was getting my rocks situated haha, messed with em for like an hour and a half and i still wasnt pleased until people said they actually liked it haha and thank you!

Back
Top Bottom