16G BowFront --> 29G Reef Tank Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
DanS180 said:
the picture with the Orange Digi, the little guy to the left of him is a Pink Digi that he gave to me for free, its like a half inch piece lol says he wasnt sure if he was gonna make it or not so i figured id put him in the tank and see what happens

Nice. Looking good

Looking good! The orange really stands out!

Let me know how the birdsnest does. I may be interested in something like that.

Bearchumjs said:
Looking good! The orange really stands out!

Let me know how the birdsnest does. I may be interested in something like that.

Will do! Thank you! :)

Went out to get more water today and of course came home with more things lol picked up 3 margarite snails and 1 feather duster, big spender here haha

DanS180 said:
Went out to get more water today and of course came home with more things lol picked up 3 margarite snails and 1 feather duster, big spender here haha

Just got my corals in. We will see how happy I am after everything settles down.

I fudged up today, I got 3 5gal buckets of RO water.. somehow put too much salt in 2 of the 3 buckets. I tested salinity about a half hour after I mixed and it was thru the roof.. what's the best way to fix this?? I have another empty 5 gal bucket I could use somehow, any advice??

DanS180 said:
I fudged up today, I got 3 5gal buckets of RO water.. somehow put too much salt in 2 of the 3 buckets. I tested salinity about a half hour after I mixed and it was thru the roof.. what's the best way to fix this?? I have another empty 5 gal bucket I could use somehow, any advice??

Start mixing the plain RO with the saltwater in your extra bucket. Start by putting maybe 2 gallons salty in the empty bucket, then add a gallon of RO. Test. See what it says and go from there until you get the right mix. Good luck! I did that the other day. Thankfully I had more RO and didn't have to go back to the store!

Bearchumjs said:
Start mixing the plain RO with the saltwater in your extra bucket. Start by putting maybe 2 gallons salty in the empty bucket, then add a gallon of RO. Test. See what it says and go from there until you get the right mix. Good luck! I did that the other day. Thankfully I had more RO and didn't have to go back to the store!

Well that's my problem, I don't have any more RO water lol all I have is the 3 mixed buckets and one empty bucket :/

Set up an outside distillery like they did on survivor man the other day? That was awesome, and effective but he only got about 16 oz of fresh water a day.... If you have a hot enough fire you could get Fresh water faster.

Bearchumjs said:
Set up an outside distillery like they did on survivor man the other day? That was awesome, and effective but he only got about 16 oz of fresh water a day.... If you have a hot enough fire you could get Fresh water faster.

What?!? Yeah I didn't c that one Lol I think I'll just run back to the store haha

Bearchumjs said:

Epic post! \(^_^)/

And a lot more time consuming haha.. I feel like I should go out back in the woods area and do that lol make it more realistic hahaha

DanS180 said:
And a lot more time consuming haha.. I feel like I should go out back in the woods area and do that lol make it more realistic hahaha

People will think you're making moonshine!

Bearchumjs said:
People will think you're making moonshine!

Lmao wouldn't that be something lol

Stupid question but, since I tested the water so early after mixing, should I just keep stirring it up and retest later? Or is it not going to drop?

DanS180 said:
Lmao wouldn't that be something lol

Stupid question but, since I tested the water so early after mixing, should I just keep stirring it up and retest later? Or is it not going to drop?

I dunno... Go get some RO and the. Test again before you start mixing it together.

Back
Top Bottom