16G BowFront --> 29G Reef Tank Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I use red sea but elos and salifert are also good. API will be your least accurate.

Mrc8858 said:
I use red sea but elos and salifert are also good. API will be your least accurate.

K I'm on my way to the LFS now to pick one up.. hopefully nothing else catches my eye lol

diamonds said:
i have a 28 gallon nano love it 8 months old not much maintence like everyone said it would be

New to AA? Welcome! I'm glad you're enjoying your tank as much as I am :)

I'm so bad at this lol.. picked up a redsea kit.. didn't think it'd be $29 but oh well lol AND.....

I got a bicolor blenny :) figure my numbers have been good and my filter could handle the bioload of what was already in there so yeah haha

This test is ridiculous lol I already screwed up twice.. and I can't tell the difference between the blue color and the end color violet. Grrr here's goes my 3rd try

DanS180 said:
This test is ridiculous lol I already screwed up twice.. and I can't tell the difference between the blue color and the end color violet. Grrr here's goes my 3rd try

Really cause they are a very different color and its almost an immediate change from blue to pinkish lol ..which test are you doing your magnesium?

Mrc8858 said:
Really cause they are a very different color and its almost an immediate change from blue to pinkish lol ..which test are you doing your magnesium?

Yeah magnesium.. and it says it changes from blue to violet.. which are very similar in color lol

Did it come with a titrater? That makes it much easier to add liquid while stirring making it easier to watch the color change.

Post 4000! Lol

Mrc8858 said:
Did it come with a titrater? That makes it much easier to add liquid while stirring making it easier to watch the color change.

Post 4000! Lol

Yeah it did and I guess I did it right.. it turned blue. Then I added 1 more drop and it turned violet then it says to stop and read where the plunger is. And mines at 0.46mL... so do I look on the card for 0.46 or the actual amount I used? I'm so confused

Technically I used 0.54mL so my Magnesium is at 1080ppm it would seem right?

Oh and Congrats on #4000 haha

Ya how ever much you used is where you should be on the scale.. and don't worry it took ne a couple goes with the tests to get comfortable with it.. now I can run a full sweep of tests all the way across the board in about 10 mins :)

Mrc8858 said:
Ya how ever much you used is where you should be on the scale.. and don't worry it took ne a couple goes with the tests to get comfortable with it.. now I can run a full sweep of tests all the way across the board in about 10 mins :)

Haha yeah I'll get used to it.. and okay so my Magnesium is at 1080ppm.. is that good? Bad?

It is replenished. Your salt mix will mix to a certain level which it may say on the box/bucket. I've actually never had mag issues using Kent marine salt so I'm not the best to ask about how to adjust it Ccapt should have the answer lol

Mrc8858 said:
It is replenished. Your salt mix will mix to a certain level which it may say on the box/bucket. I've actually never had mag issues using Kent marine salt so I'm not the best to ask about how to adjust it Ccapt should have the answer lol

Hmm okay cuz I did a 40% WC so either my tank was VERY low on mag or my salt mix doesn't start out very high lol

Ok my salt mix says
1.021= 370 Cal 1095 mag
1.023= 405 Cal 1200 mag
1.026= 455 Cal 1345 mag

And my salinity right now is at 1.025 so everything should be okay? Maybe it's bc its my first WC with this type of salt mix?? I dunno

Ya test your next fresh batch and check cause every box/bucket can be different

Mrc8858 said:
Ya test your next fresh batch and check cause every box/bucket can be different

Alright will do, thanks man!

Now im just waiting for my blenny to come out.. seems he has already made a home behind one rock lol

Back
Top Bottom