16G BowFront --> 29G Reef Tank Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Suck out the flatworm with a hose next chance you get. The aptasia is easy to kill with either lemon juice or concentrated kalkwasser. Use a syringe to rain down death from above! Muahahaha!!!

CorallineAlgae said:
Suck out the flatworm with a hose next chance you get. The aptasia is easy to kill with either lemon juice or concentrated kalkwasser. Use a syringe to rain down death from above! Muahahaha!!!

I guess the flatworm is bad huh? And yeah I was gonna pick up Aiptasia X tomorrow.. is that any good? Or should I just get lemon juice?

Oh and I also found a baby starfish!! :)

False alarm.. its not a flatworm.. its some type of snail.. can't remember the name, starts with a "S" tho.. has a really thin shell on its back

Mrc8858 said:
Stomatella snail

Cool. It must be bigger than it looks in the picture. They're actually pretty rare. I yanked one from a tank once and felt the shell. I had no idea what it was but know flatworms can't have a shell. Took a lot of research to ID the guy. You should give it a name.

CorallineAlgae said:
Cool. It must be bigger than it looks in the picture. They're actually pretty rare. I yanked one from a tank once and felt the shell. I had no idea what it was but know flatworms can't have a shell. Took a lot of research to ID the guy. You should give it a name.

Well that's pretty cool... now for a name.. hmmm..

well i just bought Aiptasia X and attempted to use it.. i think i fudged up tho.. i did everything the instructions said and waiting for the tentacles to wrap around the syringe point.. but accidently hit it and made it retract so i sprayed the aiptasia and the whole surrounding area real quick, guess we'll find out tomorrow if i succeeded or not lol

Well I just did a 5 gal wc and no sign of aiptasia... I still think it's too soon to tell but I guess we shall find out soon enough

No sign of aiptasia so hopefully that's gone.. now another problem(maybe)..

..I did a 5 gal wc yesterday and then tested my water today.. my Mag, Calc, and kH have all dropped from the previous test(11/20/12) BUT I also completely cleaned out my filter yesterday.. could that have something to do with it?

If it was really dirty it can release acidic compounds that may have the effect of driving some elements out of solution. I could be wrong. It's more likely the salt mix or something else. Reef Crystals are giving lots of people grief with those levels recently. May even be a recall coming. What salt are you using again?

CorallineAlgae said:
If it was really dirty it can release acidic compounds that may have the effect of driving some elements out of solution. I could be wrong. It's more likely the salt mix or something else. Reef Crystals are giving lots of people grief with those levels recently. May even be a recall coming. What salt are you using again?

Reef crystals.. but I don't think it's that

CorallineAlgae said:
You're probably right. Just in case there's a thread here where people have been talking about it. I just thought I'd mention it just to be safe.

I also believe it's more likely to be something else.

:) thanks, I've actually commented on that thread a few days back.. Im thinking it has something to do with the filter being cleaned thoroughly

I'm gonna retest my tank tonight and see if I get different results.. maybe I just tested too soon??

It could be that.

I may set up another saltwater tank in January. I'm considering Seachem reef salt. I used Instant Ocean forever then switched to Tropic Marin which wasn't always consistent then finally Corallife which was my favorite. I enjoy finding out for myself which salts dissolve the cleanest, have the best consistency, revitalize my corals or hold balanced levels. Seachem has great reviews and it's not expensive. Worth a shot.

CorallineAlgae said:
It could be that.

I may set up another saltwater tank in January. I'm considering Seachem reef salt. I used Instant Ocean forever then switched to Tropic Marin which wasn't always consistent then finally Corallife which was my favorite. I enjoy finding out for myself which salts dissolve the cleanest, have the best consistency, revitalize my corals or hold balanced levels. Seachem has great reviews and it's not expensive. Worth a shot.

Maybe when my bucket of reef crystals is empty, I'll try something else out.. assuming I get the same numbers tonight lol

Back
Top Bottom