16G BowFront --> 29G Reef Tank Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Just got my Skilter 250 in the mail.. set it up and was ready to rock when I noticed a drip coming from the bottom of the filter case... took it off and inspected.. it has a crack on the bottom of the filter housing :( waiting for customer service to call me back

DanS180 said:
Just got my Skilter 250 in the mail.. set it up and was ready to rock when I noticed a drip coming from the bottom of the filter case... took it off and inspected.. it has a crack on the bottom of the filter housing :( waiting for customer service to call me back

Bummer man :( hope it gets resolved without much hassle.

DanS180 said:

Shipping is awesome when it works but nothing is more disappointing than when they break your stuff. I can definitely sympathize. ;(

Schism said:
Bummer man :( hope it gets resolved without much hassle.

Well it already is causing hassle lol the guy said customer service should call me back "shortly".. its already been an hour lol

CorallineAlgae said:
Shipping is awesome when it works but nothing is more disappointing than when they break your stuff. I can definitely sympathize. ;(

Yeah and what makes me even more mad is it took me like 15 mins to put this filter together!! Haha definitely wasn't one of my brightest moments

DanS180 said:
Yeah and what makes me even more mad is it took me like 15 mins to put this filter together!! Haha definitely wasn't one of my brightest moments

Don't kid yourself... you've never seen that filter. 15 minutes is just barely enough time for anyone to examine and assemble something that foreign. You're plenty bright. (^__^)

CorallineAlgae said:
Don't kid yourself... you've never seen that filter. 15 minutes is just barely enough time for anyone to examine and assemble something that foreign. You're plenty bright. (^__^)

Aww why thank youuu :) wish it wasn't broken!! I was so excited to set it up, then in a few days, get my new light, then get some frags :/ now I have to waitttt

You could still get your frags.. on a tank that size you can still get away with no skimmer at all convict just tossed his and look at his tank lol

Mrc8858 said:
You could still get your frags.. on a tank that size you can still get away with no skimmer at all convict just tossed his and look at his tank lol

Ahh very true lol well I am excited to have the built in skimmer but moreso just a better filter in general. Better surface agitation.. still need to get another powerhead I think.. surface is so calm other than right by the filter

Ok so I'm trying to sell my Fluval FX5 on Craigslist and someone emailed me asking if I would trade so I asked what he had and the only thing that caught my eye was a 29G stand for my tank. It looks brand new and claims he spent close to $200 on it..

Think its worth the trade??

DanS180 said:
Ok so I'm trying to sell my Fluval FX5 on Craigslist and someone emailed me asking if I would trade so I asked what he had and the only thing that caught my eye was a 29G stand for my tank. It looks brand new and claims he spent close to $200 on it..

Think its worth the trade??

If you need the stand and he needs the filter that would be a fine trade. It's up to you. Stands do generally outlive filters.

CorallineAlgae said:
If you need the stand and he needs the filter that would be a fine trade. It's up to you. Stands do generally outlive filters.

Well I have extra hose for the filter as well.. he has 2 aquaclear 110's so I'm gonna see if he'll throw in one of those :)

Well he's on his way here with the stand... god my fish are gonna have heart attacks.. gotta empty the tank again so I can get the old "stand" out from under it

Got the stand.. its a lot nicer in person definitely.. worth the trade in my eyes.. now to start removing everything AGAIN lol but I'll start that tomorrow :)

Oh and I got a prepaid shipping label to send back the broken filter and they shipped out a new one so hopefully it'll be here soon :) AND my light comes on Wednesday :)!!!!

I went over to look at what my neighbor had and all of his rock is dried out already so I'm gonna pass :/ bummer, he said he'd give me ALL the rock for $50. 2 big boxes full of it... oh well

You should take it if its decent looking... I mean you have already doubled in tank size once ;)

You can always break it up into the needed shapes and epoxy beautiful scapes together for when you have a bigger tank :)

Mrc8858 said:
You can always break it up into the needed shapes and epoxy beautiful scapes together for when you have a bigger tank :)

Lmao yeah I wish, my gf wouldn't have it.. she was mad that i switched from a 16 to a 29 although I already had the tank lol maybe when we get a house I'll upgrade again ;)

DanS180 said:
Lmao yeah I wish, my gf wouldn't have it.. she was mad that i switched from a 16 to a 29 although I already had the tank lol maybe when we get a house I'll upgrade again ;)

You never know. I just made a trade on Craigslist for a 50 gallon with stand for a 70th anniversary monopoly game I had sitting in my closet. Now it's sitting in my garage begging for me to set it up lol. But the wife said wait till we buy a house cause I already have my 29 biocube set up. I just couldn't pass on the deal.

22engine said:
You never know. I just made a trade on Craigslist for a 50 gallon with stand for a 70th anniversary monopoly game I had sitting in my closet. Now it's sitting in my garage begging for me to set it up lol. But the wife said wait till we buy a house cause I already have my 29 biocube set up. I just couldn't pass on the deal.

A monopoly game?!?!?! R u serious?? Lol that's incredible!! Wish I could come across a deal that good haha

Back
Top Bottom