16G BowFront --> 29G Reef Tank Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
DanS180 said:
Yep thats what it is, good thing I got it out easily.. I'm guessing it's bad/harmful?

It's basically harmless but it can get everywhere and be a huge eyesore. Watch out for it even under rocks. Remove every trace you find and it shouldn't become a problem. From what I've read each ball is a single sell. One of the largest single celled organisms on the planet ( at least the green ones). Could be wrong, I read that years ago. Kinda neat!

It's basically harmless but it can get everywhere and be a huge eyesore. Watch out for it even under rocks. Remove every trace you find and it shouldn't become a problem. From what I've read each ball is a single sell. One of the largest single celled organisms on the planet ( at least the green ones). Could be wrong, I read that years ago. Kinda neat!

Ahh gotcha, that is pretty neat haha I'll be on the lookout for more definitely!

All opened up and flowing in the current :)

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20121218_192906.jpg
    ForumRunner_20121218_192906.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 84
Any ideas why one of my stars legs is ripped almost completely off?? Anything that could cause that?

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20121218_231902.jpg
    ForumRunner_20121218_231902.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 62
With that stock list it's safe to say it isn't predation. Must me something else. Hunger?

Doubt it.. he has plenty of food in the sand lol it looks like something literally took a bite out of him.. maybe he got snagged between rocks or something

That could easily be it. I accidentally harmed one by moving my rock around without putting him in the sump but I don't think you've redecorated. It may just be impossible to figure out without it being a guess. I hope he recovers.

That could easily be it. I accidentally harmed one by moving my rock around without putting him in the sump but I don't think you've redecorated. It may just be impossible to figure out without it being a guess. I hope he recovers.

I thought he was dead this morning, he was wedged between the glass and my zoa garden rock and didn't move after I turned the lights on, then I picked him up n moved him and he went right back to the rock lol

Went coral shopping yesterday :) picked up
Green Slimer Acro frag
Metallica green wall hammer frag
Orange/red monti frag
Some type of birdsnest frag, not sure what type it is tho but its s decent size

What color are the polyps?

Don't remember, I'm at work right now. I think they're pink possibly??

Its funny I was just reading back at when I first started this thread and there u r talking to me about SPS ans how it becomes addicting and then me saying nah I don't like SPS and what do ya know? 3 outta the 4 corals I got yesterday were SPS Hahaha

Ok so I just got done spot feeding my LPS corals(hammers and frogspawn). 2 things. Is it normal for their tentacles to "bulk" up and retract afterwards? And is it normal for them to secrete mucus? It looks like all 4 corals have a string of mucus coming off them.

It's not that unusual. Sometimes they do that and other times they won't. Nothing at all to be concerned about unless they also loose color. That would mean they're expelling zooxanthellae. Was the food cold?

Back
Top Bottom