2.2 gal nano

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jsrdj

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Right now the tank has 1 fluorescent 10,000k light to add soft corals should i upgrade lighting since its such a small tank

I mean its really a personal preference, you will be fine to grow softies with that light though. The nice thing about small tanks is it costs a lot less to fit them with a ton of wattage.

You can usually get whats called 50/50 bulbs that would work a little better. One half of the bulb is 10,000K the other is an Actinic. What kind of light fixture is this?

it came with tank looks like a regular small about 12 inch straight pin fluorescent fixture

Wouldn't upgrading the light cause a problem with the heat the 8 watt bulb raises the temp about 3 degrees

It could in theroy but if you host an open top as well as a fan it should keep it in check .
On all my tanks I run the heater , lights and fans on a rk2 however most just run their fan on timer with thier lights :D

Even just boosting your light up on some legs will help. When you have t8's sitting directly on glass your going to have slight issues.

Back
Top Bottom