20-30 gal tank questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Julixttx

Aquarium Advice Activist
How many fish would I be able to fit into a 20 or 30 gallon tank?
My main interests are clownfish/regal tangs or other possible fish from the movie finding nemo xD.
I would also highly appropriate if anyone could tell me what light bulb/water solution/how long to wait before adding fish/ect basically the basic stuff other than the tank thats needed thank you very much <3

Last edited:
The only one from the movie you'll be able to have in such a tank is a clownfish.
You will want to read the articles in the articles section about cycling a tank. You will need to do this before adding anything to your tank.

The only one from the movie you'll be able to have in such a tank is a clownfish.
You will want to read the articles in the articles section about cycling a tank. You will need to do this before adding anything to your tank.

It wouldn't be possible for a royal gramma, 3 striped damselfish, or cleaner shrimp in a 30g ?

Sent from my iPhone that doesn't like me. Or you !!

Alright thank you, though if I had a 25 gal tank let's say, what would it be able to hold along with 1-2 clownfish.

I think im going to wait a while before starting the salt water tank most likely until next year, I'm going to make a freshwater tank instead as I know already how to do that. Thanks for the help though.

I have a 24 gallon and I have a royal gramma a clown a goby and cleaner shrimp.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

So you think they would be okay?

Slightly newbish.

5 Gallon Betta Tank

In a 25 gallon, possible fish could be:

Ocellaris clownfish
Yellowtail damsel
Royal gramma
Prawn goby
Clown goby
Dart fish
Six line wrasse