20 gallon low tech

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

E-rock

Aquarium Advice Activist
hi everyone couple of questions. Well I have a nice spot and an extra 20 gallon tank and a stand. So I am thinking about starting a nano reef. And I was wondering what kind of hob filters people are using I do not want to run a sump on this setup. Any specific brands work better than another? I

Also I plan on building an led fixture for this so I would like to some corals with higher light requirements that I am not going to be able to do on my larger 90 gallon with lower light. Would I need to dose any supplements if I do weekly water changes. Also I dont really want to run a skimmer if I don't have to.

I personally use marineland emperor HOB filters but a lot of people like the aqua clear filters. Also, dozing depends on how much minerals the coral take up. You would have to test to see whether weekly pwc would do it.

I personally have a 20 gallon long reef. Im running a marieland hob biowheel thats supposed to work for 30 gallon tanks. I took the biowheel itself out and just leave the cartridge. Also I run an aqueon power filter made for 20 gallons. The waters always pristine and crystal clear. I also have lots of lr and a deep sand bed btw. Hope this helps.

Back
Top Bottom