20g nano tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

aqh88

Aquarium Advice Activist
I decided to go with my 20g long for making a small sw tank. I'm going to get 16lbs of mixed live rock from the lfs then I was thinking of ordering 1 or 2 nice pieces of marshal rock from this site http://www.premiumaquatics.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Category_Code=Liverock They have no weight minimum but I'm not entirely sure how much weight a couple pieces would end up being. I'm also not sure how many total pounds I want but if I need anymore rock I was going to add some reef rubble to my order from them.
Is 4" of sand good? Maybe 3"of argonite and 1" of live sand?
Filtration I have a maxijet powerhead at 300gph and an extra penguin 330 filter. It's missing the biowheels but I was told those weren't good on sw tanka anyway.
For stocking I mostly just want a neon goby but could I also add a firefish or dartfish? Since it's such a long, low tank I thought maybe I could build the rock up into the upper parts of the tank and give the fish plenty of room.

Back
Top Bottom