24 gallon aquapod with hood protein skimmer help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bskerrichard27

Aquarium Advice Addict
I need a skimmer that will fit in back chamber and still close lid any sugestions

Hiya! Welcome to the forum!

Is there any specific reason that you want a skimmer? On a tank that size usually water changes and proper feeding can negate the need for a skimmer. :)

Mainly to clean up water inbetween changes I keep getting surface film

Have you tried directing a powerhead towards the water surface? Thast also good for keeping the ph stable.

Have you added an additional powerhead yet? I have an extra one on top of the stock output in my 29g cube. Works wonders...

Some one said on another forum upgrade to maxijet 1200 u ever herd of this and as for the skinner don't buy one for it

If you only have a single output for your circulation then I would get a nano powerhead. Increasing the output pump can help as well. i just haven't gotten around to it yet on my cube. Not sure i will as between the stock output and the koralia nano 425 i have i feel i have sufficient flow. No dead spots in the tank and the surface stays clear and agitated.

I'll pick one up today after work see what it does I have some brown and green algae in tank I think tank maybe overcrowded a little had to put 3 clowns a damsel and angel in it while my 55 cycles I inherited these fish and had no safe place to put then

Do you have any corals in there? You can cut back the light to help rid of the algae. I'd say youre a bit crowded with all those fish! LOL How long do you have til your big tank cycles?

Nitrates sky high in it and a lot of brown and green algae in it ,no corals but two small anemones that came with fish and the typical clean up crew yes very crowded wanna frying out of it but 55 taking forever

I'm farely new at it so I'm glad I joined this site got a 110 to set up when I get these two squared away

Back
Top Bottom