28g Nano Cube Newbie

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Deejay62

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hi to all! I wanted your advice on what should do, I am using instant ocean salt for my water mix. Now since I've read that reef crystals are better for coral, because of calcium and so on. I wanted to know if I was to change from instant ocean to reef crystal would that harm my whole setup? And also I am dosing with part one and part two calcium and alkalinity. Can some one enlighten me. Thanks!

Dnt dose to much calcium it is extremely hard to get to drop once u get it too high and soft corals do not like high calcium at all. Also no switching from plain instant ocean to instant ocean reef crystals shouldn't effect ur set up at all it might raise sum trace elements but it shouldn't effect anything

I use reef crystals and my calcium was low due to a burst in coral growth. Just keep testing your levels.

What are they at now? I hadn't had to dose for almost 8 months. Just started dosing B-ionic 2 part.

Codyluthy said:
Dnt dose to much calcium it is extremely hard to get to drop once u get it too high and soft corals do not like high calcium at all. Also no switching from plain instant ocean to instant ocean reef crystals shouldn't effect ur set up at all it might raise sum trace elements but it shouldn't effect anything

Convict2161 said:
I use reef crystals and my calcium was low due to a burst in coral growth. Just keep testing your levels.

What are they at now? I hadn't had to dose for almost 8 months. Just started dosing B-ionic 2 part.

I just started dosing. Took water to get tested,( cause I only have the API saltwater test kit ) my LFS store said my cal and alk were still a little low.

Back
Top Bottom