29 g biocube

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

efg

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Have 29g bio cube took hood off lighting in it to intense killed anenomes now have a marineland reef light to avoid this prob again what Would be recommended height to have this light above tank ?

The stock light in a biocube shouldn't kill an anemone. I think the biocube lights are too low to support nems. I could be wrong but that's what I've been reading a lot lately. I'm not sure that marineland light can support much either

The stock light in a biocube shouldn't kill an anemone. I think the biocube lights are too low to support nems. I could be wrong but that's what I've been reading a lot lately. I'm not sure that marineland light can support much either

Yep this is correct. Unless you have the 29 hqi the biocube original light isn't enough for a nem. How old is your tank? I'd pin the nems death on the lack of light and water quality not to much light. That marineland led is the biggest waste IMO. It can support softies and that's about It. And that's only if it's the reef capable one

Yep this is correct. Unless you have the 29 hqi the biocube original light isn't enough for a nem. How old is your tank? I'd pin the nems death on the lack of light and water quality not to much light. That marineland led is the biggest waste IMO. It can support softies and that's about It. And that's only if it's the reef capable one

Wow I don't have a sw tank and I was right!!! Now I feel smart!!! Yeah I would take the marineland back. It's more for "show" then anything else

To the op unless you're going to seriously upgrade the lights I wouldn't buy another anemone

Back
Top Bottom