29 gallon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

christy1430

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hey guys im the one which is starting the nano on friday the jbj ... just thought ide show you my 29 gallon.

img_770488_0_f93c6f4ff993a00989fe01dba3d142b2.jpg

img_770488_1_5f12ac40a37a3eedc613dc8d1a152fba.jpg

img_770488_2_063a5f8978e78f4279dfca395a2e2ebe.jpg

tell me what you think.. thank you ... just fish and lr no corals.. just havnt added corals. no certain reaosn

amazing rockwork! but im affraid the yellow tang will out-grow your tank :( and the cleaner wrasse are known not to live long :cry: mine only lived a week.... because they have specialized diets of eating parasites off the fish in the wild...

but your tank looks AMAZING! how many pounds of LR do you have?

the yellow tang... i no big mistake as a rookie!! but its been in their for over a year now! i cant just get rid of it. For the wrasse its been in there for about maybe 2 moths already and looks great! No problems with it yet.

For the LR thanks alot!! if i had to gues how much LR was in there ide say about 45 to 50 lbs not really shure!!

thanks alott

christy1430 said:
the yellow tang... i no big mistake as a rookie!! but its been in their for over a year now! i cant just get rid of it. For the wrasse its been in there for about maybe 2 moths already and looks great! No problems with it yet.

For the LR thanks alot!! if i had to gues how much LR was in there ide say about 45 to 50 lbs not really shure!!

thanks alott
well maybe you got lucky with the wrasse :wink: I LOVE the yellow tang though :D

that is a lot of LR WOW! I love the tonga branches! wish I could find some of that around here!

For a minor fee I could provide you with as much of the tonga branch as you would like.....hehe www.blueribbonkoi.com One of the LFS that I use has 4 different types of LR, Tonga, fiji, Marshall and something else I forget what it is now. Anyway he usually has just loads of tonga.

hahah thankss!! i wish i could add more!! kuz its not filled to the top... thats one of the reason for no coral yet i wanted to add rock till the top then add some corals. but all that has been put on hold in order save up some money for the nane jbj 12 gallon which i am extremely excited for. Do you suggest having the same setup with alot of live rock or load it up a little less.

christy1430 said:
hahah thankss!! i wish i could add more!! kuz its not filled to the top... thats one of the reason for no coral yet i wanted to add rock till the top then add some corals. but all that has been put on hold in order save up some money for the nane jbj 12 gallon which i am extremely excited for. Do you suggest having the same setup with alot of live rock or load it up a little less.
heck you could use LR from that tank! (I only have 22 pounds of LR in my 29 (and about 8 pounds of other porous rock) why do you want it to go to the top?
I would suggest deep sand bed and lots of LR for the new tank as well, that way you could have a goby/shrimp companionship...just my opinion though!

I would go with the 1.5 to 2lbs per gallon rule and if that doesn't look the way you want it to then add more. I don't see a problem with more rock. I like the look of it especially if you do it right you can have tons of nooks and hiding places for your fish and inverts!

BTW... I was giving blazeyreef a hard time about the rock. Your tank is looking great!

Back
Top Bottom