29G Nano-Cube Newbie

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I made a quick video of my tank after the second cleaning of green hairy algae. I do not have a fish net to catch the floating algae. I will continue to stay on top of the algae until it has been contained for the most part. Another thing I did to collect algae is: the center sponge filter, I have raised that up just a little it so the water has to run into it instead of on top. This will force excess algae that does go into the filtration system to be trapped in the sponge itself.

29g salt water nano-cube - YouTube

Wow that looks so much better :) eve you must be happier right... Adjust your filters till you are happy with what works with your tank... Each tank has it's own personality and functions in it's own way...

And the best advice that anyone can ever give you when in this hobby... Always go with your gut feeling... We may advise you on what to do but at the end of the day no one knows your tank better than you :)

Good luck and happy reefing :)

Wow that looks so much better :) eve you must be happier right... Adjust your filters till you are happy with what works with your tank... Each tank has it's own personality and functions in it's own way...

And the best advice that anyone can ever give you when in this hobby... Always go with your gut feeling... We may advise you on what to do but at the end of the day no one knows your tank better than you :)

Good luck and happy reefing :)

Thank you. Yeah, I can say, even though I did not mind the green hair algae flowing on the back wall... I do like it a lot better without it. :facepalm:

I will keep the filters nice and clean for the next few days until they do not build up algae quickly.

Over-all, toothbrush method for cleaning algae worked great. Tanks are nicer looking, algae-free. Toothbrush is actually quite nice for cleaning the glass as well.

Ok, so i took out my bio media bag and my grass and mushrooms are not looking so great... Coincidence?

Tank is two years old and fairly established. What exactly is the bio media bag for? Is it an absolute necessity? I'll give it a couple of days and see if it comes around.

Well now a days bio media bags are only used in a fish only tank when there is no live rock it is basically a surface area for your beneficial bacteria to live on but in a tank like yours which does have live rock it is not needed at all.... I don't have bio media and my tank is fine... The corals must be just a little stressed after the cleaning... Check your nitrates and see if they have gone up after the algae removal...? If so do a water change.

Alright cool. Other than cleaning the glass and water changes i have made zero changes to the tank. I'll let you know how the grass and shrooms look today. I hope they were just scared because i was cleaning the tank :)

Yeah mushroom and stuff are real hardy so probably just a but shy... Give them sometime and see...

Ah awesome that is good news... I'd corals like your bubble coral etc are doing good the. Font get too worried about re other cause those are the guys that need more care... They should be fine in a few days... How are the clowns doing? And any signs of the algae coming back.... There might be a slight growth so just keep cleaning :)

There is small patches of algae building again, I'm not worried now. I'm going to hit then with the tooth brush and keep the tank clean.
The clown are doing great. Nothing had changed with them. Begging for food when i got home, like usual.

Back
Top Bottom