29gal biocube new to this give me ur feedback please

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

grizmatic

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
hi all i just got into the hobbie and i jsut got my tank and i already started to set up so i want feedback and ur advice as im new to thisim goin to let u know wha tim thinking of putting inside my tank and u guys let me know what ya think

i have live rocks in there and 40lbs of sand an dill be posting pics i also have some hermit crabs and some snails in there

fish i want

1. 2- Gold Stripe Maroon Clown
2. 2- Yellow Tail Damsel
3. 1- Yellow watchman goby
4. 1- Fire Shrimp

thanks guys let me know what u think about this set up

Attachments

• DSC00286.jpg
    DSC00286.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 67
  • DSC00285.jpg
    DSC00285.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 50
  • DSC00284.jpg
    DSC00284.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 50
I like that!! The rock looks awesome. Is that all just base rock or is there some live rock in there as well? It looks great though!!! Keep it up!

BTW!

Welcome to AA!

the clowns alone are pushing your bioload... remeber you tank is more like a 25 gallon with 4 gallons of filtration.

again with the damsels... they likely wont push your bioload too far.. but it will be close. maybe 2 of them and the goby? maybe 1 clown 1 damsel and a goby? the shrimp should be fine with what ever fish you do choose... good luck!

-Brad

hey thanks for the advise there is some live rock int here also my friend hook me up with the rock

also id just give up on the magnet cleaner... the whole tank is bowed.. you literally get a 1cm strip of clean on each pass...

-Brad

so i got a question for me to have the clowns in there what would i have to leav eotu and what kind of fish can i have with my clowns

i think anything with the clowns would be pushing your luck... if you considered say false perc clowns you likely could have one damsel and maybe a goby. that species of clown (yellow striped maroon) are pretty large

-Brad

oh i see so what about if i go witht he black with white sptripes u think i could do those

yeah for sure.. those are false percs. i have 2 false percs a coral beauty angel fish and a mandiran goby in my 29 biocube. aswell as a number of inverts and corals..

-Brad

img_970734_0_31a63f2d46a62c4b5ecef2cc356ecbd8.jpg

img_970734_1_4f57c5e4d25996c182a89bddc08fe617.jpg

img_970734_2_52c6285ad52080a7bc97066f1aa7c626.jpg

theres a pink tip anemone in there now and a black long spined urchin... but it looks almost the same

-Brad

oh man that looks so cool when can i start puttign soem of those stuf fin mines like can i do it right away or do i hav eto wait

If you are talking about coral. You will have to wait at least 6 months. They are very sensitive to water quality and you need to make sure you have the proper lighting for them to thrive in. You start out clean up crews, make your way up to small fish and maybe a larger fish that only gets up to 4 inches. Then once those are settled in for a few months. You can add a coral or few at a time. You have to make sure they are compatible and will not kill other corals.

hey thanks for the response im goin to try and add fish this weekend to see how it goes any advise on which i should start with and hey what about anemones when can i add some of those in there also i was curious abotu the the black thing on the glass of the tank what is that and should i get one of them

that black thing is a Koralia power head(nano maybe)to help increase water circulation. I have the nano in my 29 bio also. Killed a dead zone that was in front of the return vents for the back filter sections.

Griz- What is your lighting over your aquarium? Now, I hate to have to say this but I want you to save your money in the long run. Unless you are running a good amount of t5's or Metal Halides over your tank it is very hard to keep an anemone happy. I would start with maybe a Yellow watchman goby for a bit to see how the levels work out.

My tank is 4 months old... no corals died yet... as long as your on top of water quality you shouldent have problems... but of course start with something cheap like the mushrooms that i have... once they thrived and reproduced... i went for it

he has 2 compact flourecents and they can support a whole lot (most LPS softies and mushrooms)

also a pink tip anemone is pretty easy to keep happy.. at least from what ive seen and experenced so far... mine picked a spot in the back draft from the hammer corals power head and has stayed there for over a month now..

really just be smart about the bioload you are putting in... i started with 10 snails 10 hermits 4 turbos. 3-4 days later i added my 2 clowns. 2 weeks later i added the coral beauty and just recently i bought the mandiran.

my corals on the other hand. i bought the star polyps on week 2. week 3-4 i bought a brain, week 5 i bought the bubble hammer and ricordia ... other stuff i just added when ever i felt it was safe. as long as you are faithful with you water changes and pay attention to fishs health. i dont see a problem with a pair of false perc clowns right now. (if its cycled) plus CUC

-Brad

Add what Brad said to what I said and you pretty much should be good. Work at your level and be super religious on water changes. Of course, I'm just giving out the usual knowledge for beginners just to keep things on the safe side. I've only been in the salty world for 2 years but have experience in freshy since I was 5 (18 yrs). So, I'm new to it too! :D

I would avoid the damsels, I have the same tank. 1 clown 1 gobie, 1 cleaner shrimp. 40 lbs live rock and no bio balls. I added a CPR skimmer in the middle section. The damels will be tough on the others in sucha small space.

Griz- What is your lighting over your aquarium? Now, I hate to have to say this but I want you to save your money in the long run. Unless you are running a good amount of t5's or Metal Halides over your tank it is very hard to keep an anemone happy. I would start with maybe a Yellow watchman goby for a bit to see how the levels work out.

i have the normal lights that came with my tank how can i get the better lights u talking about

Back
Top Bottom