3 gal picotope (build thread!)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have 27w of light, and as perfect conditions as I've ever tested :) They've been like that the whole time (besides the cycle and when I had the turbo.)

Quick question: I do WCs every 2 days at his point, but found a trace of trites today. No trates yet, but I'm sure the trace is from brine shrimp pulp that got in when I was feeding (I'm washing my mini strainer I use to filter the brine shrimp at the moment.)

Anyway, is a WC necessary? I did one yesterday, and then fed later in the day. My thinking is that the trites will disappear quickly as usual, and I will just take them out tomorrow.

This isn't really an "urgent" question, no real danger here lol. I'm just wondering what you guys would do.

Have you added any new things to the tank lately? That could have spiked them to maybe go up a little?! Or the brine

Added a piece of orange digitata today, so it will be a little while before I know how it does.

Hmmm... The one thing I would change about this build is the rockwork. When I set the whole thing up the one thing I hadn't researched was cool 'scaping. Lol I was just happy to see my first diatoms!

Hi everyone! Been a while since I posted any updates, and here's one now :)

I added a LOT of Anthelia, a large blue discosoma, and a small rock of GSPs. Also, I have a large toadstool coming in the mail soon.

At this points, I guess you could say I'm in love with the JBJ 9w 50/50 fixture :). I added a third one over my fuge. My previous cheap desk lamp (which was rather inadequate for growing pretty anything) burned out... Great excuse to buy another jbj light lol.

I'll post pics as soon as I'm done migrating my photobucket account! Also, thanks so much to everyone that has followed my build! I really appreciate all the help you have given me!

Following along now lol. Just found your thread dingus and will be keeping up. Get info in this build and awesome Pico bud :)

Following along now lol. Just found your thread dingus and will be keeping up. Get info in this build and awesome Pico bud :)

Cool, thanks! Sorry I haven't updated anything in a while here. Back when I was setting it up I posted tons of updates every day :)

Most recent additions were two sexy shrimp and a 6" green toadstool.

FTS 4/14:

Thank you! I really appreciate it! Although, I've definitely some cleaner looking ones (mine is still getting the "aged" look)

Your 10g is looking really good to with the new scape and par bulb :)

Cool, thanks! Sorry I haven't updated anything in a while here. Back when I was setting it up I posted tons of updates every day :)

Most recent additions were two sexy shrimp and a 6" green toadstool.

FTS 4/14:

That is beautiful dingus! I hope I can get mine looking half as good as yours lol. Sexy shrimp are so neat...planning on a few for mine.

Hey dingus, anyway I could get the cycle moving on my tank?

Have you added an ammonia source yet? If it's just not cycling even with ammo the addition of some used filter media may help get it kickstarted (not sure if that's only for FW lol)

Back
Top Bottom