3 gal picotope (build thread!)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Birdsnest grows fast?! I assumed it would be a very slow grower, and I love the branching look of many sps. At this point, since I am probably *actually* going to stop adding coral, I would definitely prefer to have the BN take over :)

Hey there AA,

I've been pretty much absent from this thread for quite a while, so I thought I'd share some recent "publicity" for this tank :p

I made a new video with showing the tank and various inhabitants, and I'm making a new 11-month time lapse video to be released very soon!

New video:

https://www.youtube.com/embed/pHOOHN6OAgg?feature=oembed

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Dingus!!! Looks great!

Hey 10g! Thanks! Glad to see your new tanks are coming along nicely, looking forward to that 3.7 you're making.

Looking great, love the crab! Sooooo cute. Nice to know you are around!

Thanks Autumn! That's my weird porcelain crab who is hanging from a different coral every day :)

Dingus!! Nice video, tanks still looking great.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Thanks Red! Glad to see your 10 is still doing great!

I'm about to upgrade my lights instead of replacing the two current PC bulbs, and just thought I'd see if anyone has any input on this fixture:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Aquarium-Re...353&rk=2&rkt=6&mehot=ag&sd=281082800268&rt=nc

If I don't get this one I'm leaning towards a par38, hopefully a cheap one from eBay.There are some that are so cheap it's worth a shot!

If all else fails, reefkoi par38 sounds good.

I have the beamwork pico 9x1 watt light on my 3.7. Very nice. Read a great story online as well.

I have the beamwork pico 9x1 watt light on my 3.7. Very nice. Read a great story online as well.

I have heard in general that 3w LEDs are the best in terms of PAR and PUR, but I'd like to find out how the 9*1w works for your corals!

I'm definitely looking for something that will easily maintain my current SPS and more to come, so I'm looking for the best power:cost ratio, even if it means 4 weeks shipping on ebay :)

Ah. I plan on softies and lps. You can see it on my thread! It haas finished cycling and will add a couple zoas tomorrow

A par 30 from coral compulsion would be great!

Ah. I plan on softies and lps. You can see it on my thread! It haas finished cycling and will add a couple zoas tomorrow

Looking good! I'll be following :)

A par 30 from coral compulsion would be great!

I'm thinking a par30 too, but I have to find a cheaper fixture! The goose necks are about $50 alone.

I'm thinking a par30 too, but I have to find a cheaper fixture! The goose necks are about $50 alone.

You can use any fixture. I got one from Walmart for $8

You can use any fixture. I got one from Walmart for $8

Did you take off the dome for heat issues? I guess it would be possible to just remove it and use the remaining gooseneck.

Did you take off the dome for heat issues? I guess it would be possible to just remove it and use the remaining gooseneck.

Definitely take the dome off, my par38s heat sink gets pretty hot. I'm also using an architects desk lamp from Walmart for mine

Back
Top Bottom