3 gal picotope (build thread!)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks for the ID on the digitata!

The slimer seems to be somewhat bleached, but the picture makes it way more white-looking. It's nicely green in most areas.

It should eventually look like this :D
zHL7cP4.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

:eek: ...Looks like I've got something to look forward to! Yours looks great btw. Sorry, I forgot - do you dose anything?

Turn your white channel up when taking the pics, then back down when your done. Makes it much easier ;)

The blue makes my coral look good though :p. They're ugly without it!!!

The camera usually still picks up the blue/pop of the coral still depending on the light IME. I imagine if you play with that new kessil for a bit and take a bunch if pics you'll find a perfect balance. And then crank those blues back up :p

Turn your white channel up when taking the pics, then back down when your done. Makes it much easier ;)

Seems to work pretty well! Thanks Red.

Btw, does anyone else feel a little sad when realizing your coral money for the week/month/year is spent? I saw a bright orange +3" scoly at my new favorite lfs for $80, really kicking myself for not buying it.

Oh I know that feeling all to well! Was just at the lfs with my gf and they had an awesome frag of reef gen pink with blue tip Mille I was drooling over...gf said we were there looking for a clownfish and that's it. Didn't even find a dang clown I wanted! Grr lol

Oh I know that feeling all to well! Was just at the lfs with my gf and they had an awesome frag of reef gen pink with blue tip Mille I was drooling over...gf said we were there looking for a clownfish and that's it. Didn't even find a dang clown I wanted! Grr lol

I had that feeling today about a green slipper coral - $60. I saw it, left the store, got home, researched it, and went back two hours later :)

love those, just like a super long plate. Saw some at a store near toronto for like $15 dollars i think. should have grabbed them all but at that point i was to afraid of LPS haha. great peice Dingus

love those, just like a super long plate. Saw some at a store near toronto for like $15 dollars i think. should have grabbed them all but at that point i was to afraid of LPS haha. great peice Dingus

Thanks, I thought the same thing, and apparently they're closely related - both fungia. Definitely an interesting coral!

Going to look at some more plates this weekend :) I already have an orange piece in mind. Would you says its a fair trade, their small orange plate, for my big yuma, a digitata frag, and the devil's hand?

They also have this mucus "net" they use to draw in food... very fun to feed :). I'll have to take a video of it eating, I've never seen anything like.

Thanks dingus! Yea they get pretty big when they are eating. I always sit and watch it pull food in.

Back
Top Bottom