3 gal picotope (build thread!)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Just keep the flow like it is. The sweepers should stay away from the pocci. Btw the tanks looking great dingus! That chalice is sweet looking!

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Thanks bribo! I have 2 frags of the chalice so far, and it's healed remarkably fast - you can't even tell aside from the small missing bits.

Also I started feeding cobalt aquatics coral food, and so far it's going well - no extra po4/no3 after spot feeding.

Well change of plans,
I'm finally breaking this tank down when the new 55 is cycled, and transferring it over. I'll keep the tank and fuge as a qt for small fish and inverts. It's been really fun but I'm ready to keep some fish!

The equipment for the 55 should be here Wednesday, and since it's all dry rock it'll be another 4-6 weeks to cure. Until then, this tank will stay running.

Also just to update the coral food isn't making a very noticeable difference, except for a few more flatworms :p

Sad and happy for your new tank. Imagining the new one will out shine the little guy but love the 3G.

Sad too, but happy everybody in here will get a tank they can really grow in, especially the goby/pistol.

Beware of the 55g Algae Curse...

I'll try :) Looking forward to getting a lawnmower for algae, since I decided not to do the juvenile kole tang.

Also on the subject of large tanks Mac your 65 is looking great! I like the barebottom a lot with the rimless look, are you planning on keeping it that way?

I'll try :) Looking forward to getting a lawnmower for algae, since I decided not to do the juvenile kole tang.

Also on the subject of large tanks Mac your 65 is looking great! I like the barebottom a lot with the rimless look, are you planning on keeping it that way?

Yeah I'm not sure, I'm going to look for a nice Fiji Pink if I add sand.
I like the rimless because no sand storms and it's easy to clean.

Also it's sad but this pico has been taken down - but everything is looking happy in the new 55!

Man I miss this tank. I'm thinking of restarting this tank with LR and water changes from the 55 - sadly there won't be the "first reef magic" lol.

I'm going to get the tank running over the weekend, so I'll post pics then.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom