3 gal picotope (build thread!)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks guys, sounds to me like the blenny/dragonet would be too big for the tank and too picky of an eater. Glad to know! I think I'll just get some cool inverts and corals for now.

Getting first coral today! Heading all the way to Chicago to buy some Zoas and Ricordia frags. Come back tonight to see pics!

No orcs were at the pet shop, but I got a nice zoa rock for $15 (a nice mushroom was part of the deal!)

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1389581184.527267.jpg

On reef2go.com

Look at their free shipping products and Zoas on sale for 4.99 and 2.99

If you get a free shipping one you get extras for free shipping as well. And it's 50% off all corals special

:) I have a pico as well. It's a 4gallon and I have to say it's pretty fun. So were you looking into getting any shrimp?

I really love picos now too! And yeah, I'm thinking of getting a small peppermint shrimp.

I like peppermints. I had one for a while and he was really cool. After he died I got a pair of sexy shrimp. They are so fun to watch. They "dance" all around the tank.

Big livestock update!

Today, I added a few nice inverts and my first fish :)

I thought about a clown goby for a few weeks, and got him today. Also, I added a sexy shrimp and a turbo snail.

Sorry I can't take pics right now, but tomorrow I will! Thanks again to everyone who is looking at this thread,

-- dingusplease

thanks! About the turbo snail, my LFS said that once the turbo gets too big they'll exchange it for a smaller one :) (they said they'll do this as many times as needed)

thanks! About the turbo snail, my LFS said that once the turbo gets too big they'll exchange it for a smaller one :) (they said they'll do this as many times as needed)

i would just go with a single zebra nerite snail, they are way more colorful :) its not just the size of the turbo snail, it is more than likely going to starve to death in such a small tank

i would just go with a single zebra nerite snail, they are way more colorful :) its not just the size of the turbo snail, it is more than likely going to starve to death in such a small tank

I might take the snail back... We'll see how fast he eats the algae. Thanks for the advice, I'll consider it :)

Pics! (finally)

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1389998524.399225.jpg

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1389998585.851664.jpg

Btw, the snail is amazingly fast!

Powerhead two days ago:
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1389998670.941325.jpg

Powerhead today:
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1389998812.319472.jpg

I'll take pics of the shrimp as soon as I see him

Back
Top Bottom