3 gal picotope (build thread!)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Really? I thought most people used it for aquarium tubing. Adan anyone confirm whether it leaches?

Hi guys, this morning I found my first death, a peppermint shrimp. I have no idea how he died, I just found my skunk cleaner eating him. Everything else looks completely happy. How could he have died?

Btw, I already got him out of the tank.

Hi guys, this morning I found my first death, a peppermint shrimp. I have no idea how he died, I just found my skunk cleaner eating him. Everything else looks completely happy. How could he have died?

Btw, I already got him out of the tank.

:'( My hermit crab couldn't have killed him, he's been hanging out in one spot cleaning for 2 days.

Hey y'all...

It's been a while, but it just thought I'd post an update of the tank :)
I'll be ordering 3 zoa frags and an Anthelia from happy coral today, and I'll post pics as soon as they arrive. In the meantime, here are some pics I took this morning. The star polyps got nudged by the hermit crab, so they're still a little closed up. Thanks again for everyone who is looking at this thread!

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1391867783.463645.jpg

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1391867840.113359.jpg

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1391867944.352491.jpg

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1391868002.390707.jpg

2 questions... My blue leg hermit keeps "rearranging" my gsps at night, and today I saw him just walking over it and dragging it around. I don't know what to do with him. I'm not sure about gluing my polyps... What do you guys think?

Second, would the 7w tom perch light grow lps? The 7w is the only one that's been in stock for a couple of weeks, and I haven't been able to find the 9 or 13 anywhere.

As always, thanks for your help!

I have had luck with gluing them on there. My hermits do that and I have maybe lost 1 polyp with super glue. You can give it a try.

What kind of LPS coral are you wanting? And I think it would be okay since you have a small tank.

I have had luck with gluing them on there. My hermits do that and I have maybe lost 1 polyp with super glue. You can give it a try.

What kind of LPS coral are you wanting? And I think it would be okay since you have a small tank.

Small tank or not, those lights are only 6400k right? Those wont grow much but LOTs of algea.

I kind of scraped away some sand on the bottom and put the gsp rock in the "ditch". So far, the hermit crab hasn't moved it :)

Also, I was thinking of keeping some brain coral or acans.

Small tank or not, those lights are only 6400k right? Those wont grow much but LOTs of algea.

That's makes sense. I didn't know what it was (in kelvin), but someone recommended it to me for lps. I think I'll just stick with softies for now. Btw, I ordered some zoas, a Kenya tree, and a neon toadstool form happycoral yesterday! The zoas are only $5, and I got a WYSIWYG toadstool for only $15 (these prices are half of what my LFS charges.)

I took a look at that happy corals site. They have some cool stuff.

You should check out reefs2go in there start coral pack

It's $70
An has free shipping

Reefs2go looks cool (didn't know they had free shipping packs!) Looks like they have a lot more choices than happycoral. I chose a happycoral though for the discounted illinois shipping.

Back
Top Bottom