3 gal picotope (build thread!)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yeah I kind of figured that haha! But those are awesome prices.

When I get corals i usually get like single polyps, and they charge me like $2 a zoa or something'

And since you have free shipping on that pack. You can add anything else for free shipping as well

And since you have free shipping on that pack. You can add anything else for free shipping as well

Sweet! I think I might get the ricordea pack from them for $60, free shipping too. And maybe I'll add a shrimp for the free shipping ;)

Yeah they always have good deals! And when you sign up they may offer you a special deal on others!

Hi y'all,

I picked up an extra nerite today, seeing as my cuc is a little compromised at the moment. He's doing well lol

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1392072482.682463.jpg

I have some new softies coming in the mail (3 zoas, 1 neon green toadstool, and a "big" Kenya tree), I'll let you guys know when they arrive. As always, stay tuned and thanks for looking!

Sweet! I think I might get the ricordea pack from them for $60, free shipping too. And maybe I'll add a shrimp for the free shipping ;)

I got a $170 rock for my 37 which had 18 ricordeas on in it, still has the same 18 but now has sent 10 around the tank. Awesome corals!

I got a $170 rock for my 37 which had 18 ricordeas on in it, still has the same 18 but now has sent 10 around the tank. Awesome corals!

Wow! That's a lot of ricordea. Lol I'm just looking for a few tiny frags.

...I chose a happycoral though for the discounted illinois shipping.

There is a seller on eBay called woosaqiatics123 and they are in Illinois. They seem to have decent prices with Buy It Now. I just saw them last night. I might buy some even with shipping to CA.

There is a seller on eBay called woosaqiatics123 and they are in Illinois. They seem to have decent prices with Buy It Now. I just saw them last night. I might buy some even with shipping to CA.

Cool! I just checked out their listings, they look like pretty good deals.

Hey guys, I have a problem. A few weeks ago, I bought a rhodactis mushroom from some guy on cl, but he had been neglecting his tank so the rock it came with was filthy with hair algae. I assumed it would go away under my tank conditions, but it's been growing. I tested my water yesterday, and everything is perfect, 0 nitrates/trites/ammonia, 0 phosphate, except for a low ph at 8.0.

Why is it growing? I had the photoperiod at ~13 hours, but I adjusted it today to 11.5 hrs. Will this help? Thanks as always :D

What kind of phosphate test kit do you have? GHA forms from high nitrites, phosphates or bad lighting. Get your parameters under control and keep doing frequent water changes.

What kind of phosphate test kit do you have? GHA forms from high nitrites, phosphates or bad lighting. Get your parameters under control and keep doing frequent water changes. I would do a liter every other with your small tank

Dingus, what does your goby eat? Mine looooooooooves hikari frozen brine shrimp. He also likes 1 piece of frozen mysis, usually is the size of him so it takes a bit to get it down lol.

Julius (as I have named him) loves brine shrimp too. I usually give him about 5 pieces of shrimp shrimp every day or so, or until he stops attacking the turkey baster lol.

Think that's enough food? I apparently I was over feeding, which I found out by nitrate tests (now I strain the food before feeding so as to not put as much decaying stuff in.)

Here he is today :)
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1392176533.503034.jpg

What kind of phosphate test kit do you have? GHA forms from high nitrites, phosphates or bad lighting. Get your parameters under control and keep doing frequent water changes. I would do a liter every other with your small tank

For phosphate, I go to my LFS (sorry, I meant that I got my water recently tested at the LFS, just to make sure they matched my tests. The results I just uploaded are from my LFS testing kits.)

I believe my conditions are "under control", but if there is anything I can do to improve them I would be happy to do so :) . Right now I do WCs of about 1/4 gallon every few days, just because it's so small.

For the third factor you mentioned, what do you mean by bad lighting? I'm just using the stock jbj lights, but they are 7600k/10000k, which I thought was pretty good for this type of tank.

Also, couldn't changing the photoperiod help with the algae? I've heard that people who have longer photoperiods can sometimes get algae.

Back
Top Bottom