3 gallon eclipse pico build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

classklown90

Aquarium Advice FINatic
So I had an old eclipse laying around and i decided to turn it into a pico tank with the water and rock from a 10 gallon i had set up a month ago(was used to hold my arrow crab but he died )

So far it has a 2 inch sand bed, 8-10 lbs of rock and a few assorted snails

What can i put in this tank? what corals can this light support? I knownot many but can it support any? heres the stats:F6 T5 flourescent

What kivestock can i house in here? any type of fish?

I also have a modded fuge in pic 4, first chamber is rock, second is sand and soon to be carbon, third is rock and chaeto.

let me know what you guys think

Attachments

• pico 001.jpg
    pico 001.jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 197
  • pico 002.jpg
    pico 002.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 200
  • pico 003.jpg
    pico 003.jpg
    17.6 KB · Views: 193
  • pico 004.jpg
    pico 004.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 209
thanks, so far so goo lol. the only light is a 10 inch(i believe) F6 T5 flourescent bulb and a fuge light but that doesnt count. Can i keep any corals under this, such as zoas and mushrooms?

I couldn't find info on the light but it might work. You could try a mushroom or zoa. If they dont open or look bad and you want coral, you could then invest in better lighting. Being so small a new light wouldnt cost too much.

looks cool, this oughta be a challenge even coming from a nano to keep params (especially salinity) in check.

as for fish im sure most people will say no, but maybe a trimma goby or a wheeler's shrimp goby could work with good maintenance. also some sexy shrimp would be cool in a small tank, they have such an awesome dance :)

as for the lights do like bige suggested, i know coralife makes a nice small (T5) fixture for 2 bulbs that would be fine for a small tank, or you could even go LEDs if your budget allows

here's the fixture : Mini Aqualight T5 Dual Lamp Fixture

okay great, thanks corey, asfor params, im obv not too expierenced but im confident that i can do it.

Update: added 3 blue leg hermits to finis up the cuc

search for sexy shrimp i on :)

Back
Top Bottom