30 gal aquascape??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

vsnsofadrgn

Aquarium Advice Addict
what do you think of my aquascape? this was a transfer of rock from a 55, but weve had to downsize due to a problem with a ro/di unit and job changes and such. so far we have 60 lbs lr, a cbs, xenia, and button polyps. the only thing planned for this tank is a pair of clowns and hopefully with the addition of a sand bed, a goby and shrimp pair. ammonia and nitrite test 0, but im goin to wait a few days before adding any live stock to make sure there are no spikes... anyways, what do you think about the aquascape???

I like it! IMO, I'd add the sandbed (if you do plan on adding one) before you get any livestock. It will be MUCH easier that way, since it takes a few days to settle.

i think im goin to add a sand bed, i really want a goby/shrimp pair. i checked the levels again this morning and still no spike, so i just have to get the sand, let it settle ;) and im good to go!! yay!!

Can I make a suggestion? IMO, it is nice to spread that out a little and try to make some caves so the fish have some hiding places. IMO of course...

;), already been done. i thought the same thing when i got home from work, so i moved it around a bit. will post pics when i get home.

ok home for lunch. here is the new aquascape. there a few more smaller peices that need to go in, but they are in the other one, just til i know there will be no spike. tested this morning, 0 still. will get more water tonite to finish, thought the rock would finish off, but i was off! i threw in a pic ouf the diy stand too. goin to get some molding to finish it off, and viola!!

That's pretty sweet! I would try to get some sort of plastic covering for the power strip. I would also suggest getting a weather proof outlet cover for the outlet behind the tank. I bought mine at HD, I believe in the garden dpey. I was super easy to hook up. You never know where that water will splash.
I actually bought this Weatherproof Timer http://www.homedepot.com/prel80/HDU...earchResults.jsp&MID=9876&N=2984+5521&pos=n18 for my lights. I also bought something similar to that, but I can't find it on the website. It is the weatherproof outlet protector. I think they were next to eachother, in the store, that's how I decided to get them.

thanks for the tip roka, ill def check into that!

heres an update on the 30. made the transfer last night, everyone is happy! (ive gotta get some suction cups for that heater)

thats a good question!! lol. i dont know yet. bb is so easy to clean, all the detrius is right there, just go in and suck it up. i would like a goby/shrimp pair tho too.... :? right now all i know is that i just filed my taxes, and im getin a sump! YAY! it will be so nice to get all the equipment out of the display!

Very very nice! I have two goby shrimp pairs. One for my 20 gallon reef (a yellow watchman goby and a fancy red pistol shrimp, about 2.5 inches , he is loud!) and another new pair in my 10 gallon reef (another yellow watchman and an extremely small like 2cm candycane pistol but they haven't found each other yet).

Be advised you won't see you pistol shrimp that often. I see my red pistol once maybe every other day. And the other pistol is so small I probably wouldn't notice it if it was out.

They are very cool.

thanks! ive a pair b4. it was a yellow watchman too. great fish. im still undecided. im goin tomorrow to get asome more clean up crew. snails dont work out for me, and i dont think hermits really do much. (besides ive got one thats gotten HUGE, and hes a bit of a murderer when it comes to other crabs) i have to check it out. im thinkin either a sally light foot, a emerald crab, or a brittle star. i need somethin to eat detrius and some algea. most of those require a sandbed so i guess i may get some sand too....

ok, so ive decided. lol. i got a margarita snail 9keep ur fingers crossed for me) and a firefish today. will post pics as soon as they are acclimated. (got a sexy shrimp for the pico too, YAY) i love trips to the lfs, especially when i get to add somethin to the tank, lol!

can anyone tell me which mh wattage (70, 150, 250) would be good for a 30 gal. i guess id like to upgrade to that in the future so i can any coral, but what would be a good choice?

thanks. i found one i like on dfs website; its 150w. so its time to start savin.

the snail died. something keeps eatin them everytime i put one in, so i give up on that. guess ill just get some hermits.

Back
Top Bottom