30 Gal Nuvo

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I believe it's chemiclean, but you know that it will just come back unless you fix the cause which is most likely excess nutrients in your system. IMHO you'd be better off manually removing as much as you can during your wc's and increasing your wc's (both frequency and volume) until you get rid of the algae.

+1. That's the best way do it...

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1397169147.775769.jpg
Almost all of the cyano is gone!!!
Thanks for the advice everyone.

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1399208394.049077.jpg
I've always wanted sun polyps finally got them last night!
Does anyone have recommendations on how to take care of them?

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1403215077.533454.jpg
Just wanted to know if anyone could identify this algae growing on my sand.

View attachment 236027
I've always wanted sun polyps finally got them last night!
Does anyone have recommendations on how to take care of them?

Sun corals are a nocturnal coral. You have keep close attention to them and spot feed like brine shrimp or something of that sort. Also check your alkalinity, calcium, and magnesium levels as they are very reliant on those being stable.

And yes it's hair algae in your picture. Keep up on your water changes and slowly pick at it with tweezers or your fingers.

Sun polyps are awesome. They are non photo but I have trained mine to open most of the day. I like to feed mine after I clean off my rocks as they open when anything is in the water. Took a week of feeding them out of the tank in a small Tupperware outside the tank. I fed them LOTS outside the tank. Almost a cube of frozen. Then once you train them to open up place half a bottle overtop of them and squirt food in for them so your fish won't pick at them. Pain in the *** but still my favorite coral!

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1406048757.347376.jpg
Sun coral doing very well now but...

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1406048819.730090.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1406048850.780339.jpg
I've had this algae for a couple of weeks and have dosed red slime stuff for it but it is not going away and covering every thing. Help!

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1406049209.239607.jpg
A fts for you guys

Back
Top Bottom