30g ideas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
ive been thinking of getting a couple cardinals right now i have 2 baby green chromis and 2 juvenile true perc clownfish in a 55G

Ok I like the blue spotted watchman goby also what substrate would work crushed coral?

Get sand, dry aragonite sand. Crushed coral isn't good, too big grains and traps detritus which means nitrates

Ok so 1 goby 2 clown fish corals and can I get two cardinals or I one ok

Ok so 30 lb of live rock and sand 1 cardinal an goby 2 clown fish and some coral also how do I measure the salinity and what about a christmas tree coral and is there anything else I need

Get a refractometer to measure your salinity. It is very accurate compared to a hydrometer.

Ok and what happens if the clowns start to breed will they kill the cardinal an where can I get live rock real cheap

The clowns should not bother the cardinal too much if breeding, they might scare the cardinal away from their nesting area but wouldn't kill it.

To get cheaper rock you could get only a few pounds of live and the rest baserock. Base rock is usually about half the price of live.

You're gonna pay a premium at your lfs, obviously, however, watch cl for someone breaking down a tank and you can usually get it for a mere $3 /lb. I, personally, am slowly removing my mix of Tonga and Fiji, and replacing it with extremely selective pieces of Haitian, as I like the shelving and layering effect. It's a matter of taste, but do realize that it will take a little more of the Haitian rock to achieve the same balance, as it is not as holey.

What about the christmas tree coral also I don't have anything yet so if I have to get a 15 could I get every thing mentioned except I less clown so 1 clown fish 1 banggai cardinal 1 cleaner 1 goby

What about the christmas tree coral also I don't have anything yet so if I have to get a 15 could I get every thing mentioned except I less clown so 1 clown fish 1 banggai cardinal 1 cleaner 1 goby

Christmas tree corals are generally hard to care for i think, and they don't survive long term in aquariums. I think they need to be fed. Unless you mean christmas tree worms, they are pretty easy to care for.

I don't know what you mean by get a 15...15 what?? If you mean 15 gallon tank then I wouldn't put all those fish in there. Maybe one clown and one or two small (1-2inch) gobys.

Back
Top Bottom