30w led project

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kbeezy83

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have a 30g rimless cube and my friend gave me this 30w led, heat sink, driver, and fan. The light is bright White or cool white.So I figure I would try and rig up a cheap fixture with the led to hang it from my ceiling. Here is what I've came up with so far. I plan on putting 3 10w blue leds also. I just got a $4 dollar cooking pot from dollar general and that is were I started and this is what I have so far. Let me know what u think. If I can get away with running my cube on these LEDs instead of the mh I have on it now, why not? Let me know what u think.

kbeezy83 said:
i have a 30g rimless cube and my friend gave me this 30w led, heat sink, driver, and fan. The light is bright white or cool white.so i figure i would try and rig up a cheap fixture with the led to hang it from my ceiling. Here is what i've came up with so far. I plan on putting 3 10w blue leds also. I just got a $4 dollar cooking pot from dollar general and that is were i started and this is what i have so far. Let me know what u think. If i can get away with running my cube on these leds instead of the mh i have on it now, why not? Let me know what u think.

ForumRunner_20120221_233030.jpg

ForumRunner_20120221_232948.jpg

ForumRunner_20120221_232804.jpg

ForumRunner_20120221_232637.jpg

ForumRunner_20120221_232550.jpg

ForumRunner_20120221_232444.jpg

ForumRunner_20120221_232415.jpg

I am surprised you went with non-stick! ;)

All joking aside I think it is rather brilliant. Can you make the inside of the pot a little more reflective?

Starchar said:
I am surprised you went with non-stick! ;)

All joking aside I think it is rather brilliant. Can you make the inside of the pot a little more reflective?

I'm going to take the led out. It's only 4 screws and the heat sink and fan come off. And I'm going to wire wheel it and buff it out on the inside. That was one of the cheapest pot that I liked and had easy access on taking the handle off an stuff. And would also look decent as a light fixture.

Back
Top Bottom