3g pico stocking

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rcsguy

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hey guys. Just wondering if you had a 3 gallon picotope, what would you stock in terms of inverts/fish?

I currently have around 5 lbs of live rock and a peppermint shrimp. What else would you do? I was considering a clown goby, but I still might feel bad doing that. What do you think about a clown goby? Colorful inverts that'd work?

Peppermint shrimp are super lame!! If your gonna get shrimps you gotta get sexy shrimps!! You could do a Pom Pom crab as well l. I wouldn't put a fish in there

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Peppermint shrimp are super lame!! If your gonna get shrimps you gotta get sexy shrimps!! You could do a Pom Pom crab as well l. I wouldn't put a fish in there

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Blue or yellow coral banded and sexy shrimp.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Could I get sexy shrimp even with the peppermint shrimp in there? I know that peppermints sometimes fight other shrimp species, but that's not my main concern. Would space be an issue?

Could I get sexy shrimp even with the peppermint shrimp in there? I know that peppermints sometimes fight other shrimp species, but that's not my main concern. Would space be an issue?

Shouldn't be a problem.I keep a 3 gallon mainly invert macro algae tank.It has 3 sexy shrimp,1Blue coral banded shrimp,1 blue legged hermit and 1 snail and 1 neon goby.Keep Dragons Breath macro and Bubble caulerpa.
Only do a 1 qt water change a week plus normal daily topoff.

Attachments

• IMG_0398.jpg
    IMG_0398.jpg
    257.4 KB · Views: 177
Shouldn't be a problem.I keep a 3 gallon mainly invert macro algae tank.It has 3 sexy shrimp,1Blue coral banded shrimp,1 blue legged hermit and 1 snail and 1 neon goby.Keep Dragons Breath macro and Bubble caulerpa.

Only do a 1 qt water change a week plus normal daily topoff.

Looks awesome! Do you think any starfish species would be comfortable In a 3? Most I've researched seem to get too big.

Only fish you could keep is a clown goby and that'd be pushing it as long as your good with weekly water changes go for it

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Blue or yellow coral banded and sexy shrimp.

Coral banded shrimp get pretty darn big, far too big for a 3 gallon tank.
The last one I had was about 3" long and his claws spanned almost 5", not to mention his antennae.
Got rid of him after he grabbed my mandarin and tore it's lip off.

A small one would be fine for a few months, just know you will have to rehome it eventually.

The blue or gold coral banded are peaceful and do not get as big as the regular coral banded.

Hi. A clown goby is perfectly fine, assuming you don't go for the barebones look with your aquascape. Give your tank tons of personality, build some caves with rock, create a little landscape with corals, and your goby will have plenty of "perches". I had a clown goby for over a year in my picotope :). It loved to nestle into toadstools, xenia, acros, mushrooms, and even a few hitch-hiking sponges.

Clown gobies perch, and will be comfortable in a tank with a diverse set of corals and rock shapes to retreat to.

Just make sure you have a lid on your tank -- I lost mine to an open top.

pico.jpg

Back
Top Bottom