45 Gallon Bio Cube

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Got all my water. Taking forever for the water to hear up. Probably should have moved it out of the garage last night. I cranked the heater all the way up now.

3/4 full. Temp almost there. Issue I have is no filter and I have to work tomorrow so will have to wait until Wednesday. So probably be cloudy water

All done with the move finally. Still cloudy and the rock is kinda just put in. All the corals are open again and the clowns are swinging all around and going in the red bubble tip. All i have is the mp10 going and i have to work tomorrow so hopefully everything is ok till i can check on it Wednesday when i get and can check on it.
63061-albums11355-picture52516.jpg

tunze osmolator nano top off
63061-albums11355-picture52515.jpg

63061-albums11355-picture52517.jpg

63061-albums11355-picture52518.jpg

disregard the zip zie on the light. i seem to have misplaced the other long screw i had. one screw holds it but i dont wanna chance it. So happy i went with the 45 cube instead of the smaller 27 cube i was thinking about. will get up more pics on wed

That looks great!

Thanks. Just wish I had a filter on it to polish all the cloudy out. Not sure what I am going to use yet. I have the HOB skimmer but that's not for that really and I don't wanna use it until the sand settles cause I don't want it sitting in the bottom of the skimmer

Thanks. Just wish I had a filter on it to polish all the cloudy out. Not sure what I am going to use yet. I have the HOB skimmer but that's not for that really and I don't wanna use it until the sand settles cause I don't want it sitting in the bottom of the skimmer

Good call. Sand can tear up a HOB filter. I would just let it clear since it will. Patience is the hardest part of SW!

Good call. Sand can tear up a HOB filter. I would just let it clear since it will. Patience is the hardest part of SW!

This is true. Well I'm at work till tomorrow now so I have no choice but to wait. Looked a lot clearer this morning before I left. I could see the whole tank.

Just ordered 15 pounds of Florida Reef Rock from reef cleaners. Think that will be enough. I don't want to overload on the rock want to leave a more open look and more room for the fish to swim

Well water is a ton clearer now and I just did my first test and all was 0 so that's awesome. Ph was normal and salinity is good. Haven't had really any evaporation so not sure how the ATO works yet. Was going to buy a HOB Fuge but don't want another pump in my tank. So petsmart has the new aquaclear 110 on a nice sale so I am going to grab it and mod it for a fuge to grow pods and run chemi-pure. Plus the tank def needs a good filtering right now so I will run it to get the crap out then mod it. Pics up later

The aquaclear was so frikin loud. I said the heck with it and returned it. Put the skimmer on and so many people said the AquaC is so loud but I put there new "muffler" that the company sent me and the thing is so quiet. All you hear is the gentle trickle of the water. Happy so far. Am on a 38 hour shift now so hopefully its ok while I'm at work so the wife doesn't have to deal with it. I attached a small length of Hose to the drain and it will flow back into the tank if it goes crazy. That's what they said to do the first few days

Got to put some more pics up. Skimmer is running great and the ATO works good. Would like it to be a little higher so the water level was up more but its as high as it can go. It does its job great though.

Got a six line wrasse too as well as a bunch of corals in a trade for my biocube.

It's looking good! Can't wait see your new inhabitants! I like six line wrasses a lot.

after i added the new rock
63061-albums11355-picture52942.jpeg

63061-albums11355-picture52943.jpeg

love how porus this new rock is
63061-albums11355-picture52945.jpeg

63061-albums11355-picture52944.jpeg

tell me what you think and suggestions if you think something would look better changed. Convict is good at this but havent heard from him.

not sure why but in the pictures it looks like its only bright in the middle but that isnt the case. want the open look and plenty of room for fish to swim.

I like the new rock!

Thanks. Not setting it up the "normal way". It's only viewable from the front and the right side so building it up just on the left and backside. Going to add some more on the left side where the power head is

Dang good job man!! I love the rock work!

Thanks. In the pic it looks like there is a ton of room above the rock in the back but there really isn't. Was just looking and I am going to put another piece on the right side and another in the back corner once my surface skimmer box gets here Wednesday to cover the skimmer pump. Got the rock from reef cleaners 38 bucks shipped and I still have a huge piece left. I have had my hands in the tank a lot tonight and did a water change so I will mess around tomorrow some more.

Thanks. Not setting it up the "normal way". It's only viewable from the front and the right side so building it up just on the left and backside. Going to add some more on the left side where the power head is

Well, I think it looks great. :) Smart to set it up that way. I hve a tank that's only visible from two sides. I didn't think about that!

Back
Top Bottom