45 Gallon Bio Cube

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well, I think it looks great. :) Smart to set it up that way. I hve a tank that's only visible from two sides. I didn't think about that!

Thanks J. I know it will take a couple months to get live and hopefully get covered in coralline. Just going to bug me until then. Can't wait to get a bigger clean up crew in to watch them crawl in and out of the holes. My six line is already darting in and out all over the place.

Thanks J. I know it will take a couple months to get live and hopefully get covered in coralline. Just going to bug me until then. Can't wait to get a bigger clean up crew in to watch them crawl in and out of the holes. My six line is already darting in and out all over the place.

Mine didn't take long to start getting coralline on it a. :) 6lines are great little fish! I want one. Enjoy! :)

Mine didn't take long to start getting coralline on it a. :) 6lines are great little fish! I want one. Enjoy! :)

Yes he is cool. It was between him and a red fairy wrasse and the wife picked the six line. After the first day he has been all over the tank. Made a home into big cave. Now I have the bug again. Going to add the other rock on the led side today and do some chiseling and drilling to make a rock for my new frog spawn. Want to be able to slide in in a hole and let it grow into it.

Well I sent a message to the forum to change the title so we will see. If they don't or can't I am going to start a new one and close this one and just put all the information up top

Well I sent a message to the forum to change the title so we will see. If they don't or can't I am going to start a new one and close this one and just put all the information up top

Evan asked to have the name of one of his threads, it took a while but they did do it.

Evan asked to have the name of one of his threads, it took a while but they did do it.

Nice. I want another fish now lol. Can't decide. Only going for nice ones this time. I have the following

2 BW Clowns
Six Line Wrasse
One blue/green cromis. Don't really want him but the kids did.

CUC is

7 blue leg hermits.
2 Bigger Turbos
Sand Sifting Star
Peppermint Shrimp and Cleaner Shrimp.

Really want a baby yellow tang. I know u shouldn't in less that a 75 but I have seen it in a ton of cube and I will have plenty of room to swim. If I get to big I will trade it.

Son wants a flame angel bad. All he ever asks for. Just makes me nervous.

Going to bolster the CUC more with more hermits and peppermint shrimp. Forgot I have about 5 Nass snails as well. Getting more of those too.

That rule only applies for full size adults, if you get a baby, you could trade it before it gets too big and it's fine, I have a baby regal tang and will move him when he's big

That rule only applies for full size adults, if you get a baby, you could trade it before it gets too big and it's fine, I have a baby regal tang and will move him when he's big

Ya I was going to do it. Selling one oft frogspawns now if I get it sold I will buy the tang. Was looking at the tank and realized I have way to much green going on

Yeah you got too much green..my moms tank has too much pink/tan going on..she finally put some more color in her 10 gal..now shes talkin going to a 20 for more room for grow out...im happy with my 10&8 gal nanos..have just a 6 line and fire shrimp in 10 gal and goby(that i hardly EVER see) and a sexy shrimp in the 8 gal...;)

Yes they did change the name quick. Thanks. I can't get good pictures either. Everything is a lot brighter and clear in person. My RBTA stands out nice though. Going to do a garden of brains or something on the sand bed which will give it a nice pop of colors. Maybe a clam down the line. Going to get another fish and the rest of my CUC first. Probably 12 more Hermits, some more Nass and like 6-8 peppermint shrimp. Then a fire shrimp will be added.

after i added the new rock

love how porus this new rock is

tell me what you think and suggestions if you think something would look better changed. Convict is good at this but havent heard from him.

Hey brother!! I'm still here lol. Tank looks good! My only suggestion would be to add more live rock and build the center up or either side. Making one side higher will give the tank height and the appearance of a larger tank.

It looks good though and again it's just a suggestion. But you have ALOT of room there. If you give the tank height at some point you'll have a spot for your high light corals ;)

I agree with u convict. I added another piece on the left side and once I put the skimmer box on tomorrow I have a big piece to put in the back left corner as well. I will get some better pics. In the back there will be about 6 inches to the top of the water all the way across. In the pics it looks like there is more than that. The skimmer is working good and my LFS is getting there fish order in tomorrow so if they have a small yellow tang it's going in. Then I have all the sand to fill in with open brains clam and such. Going to have add a small nano korila in to get good flow behind the back. But but is should stay hidden by the rock.

I agree with u convict. I added another piece on the left side and once I put the skimmer box on tomorrow I have a big piece to put in the back left corner as well. I will get some better pics. In the back there will be about 6 inches to the top of the water all the way across. In the pics it looks like there is more than that. The skimmer is working good and my LFS is getting there fish order in tomorrow so if they have a small yellow tang it's going in. Then I have all the sand to fill in with open brains clam and such. Going to have add a small nano korila in to get good flow behind the back. But but is should stay hidden by the rock.

Awesome job brother. And to think this all started with a cube. My apologies for not being around. For some reason I wasn't getting this in my subs.

Finished my my rock work and got my yellow tang. 3/4 of the tank of open for swimming. Will get some pics up after it clears up some

Back
Top Bottom