45 Gallon Bio Cube

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
20 fresh gallons of RO water in the garage. I will mix it on Saturday during the day and let the pumps run while I work at night and 24 on Sunday. Should be good to go by Monday.

Skimmer was a little louder than i would like though. Also wasn't bubbling very much. I thinking the bubble issue was the fact that it was just regular water? Not sure. Need to look into it more.

Side note. Thinking of live stock now and looking for ideas. Not going to go over board with live rock as I want open sand and swimming room. I will have the two BW Clowns and that's it for the move. Probably go with a goby. Yellow possibly due to the black sand he would really pop. ( sorry convict). Seen a lot of members on BRS that have yellow tangs and I really want one. Hear they are fine due to the large swimming area in a breeder. Haven't decided yet. Open to ideas.

Think I will be good with a little over stock in the end due to my skimmer being rated at three times the size of the tank.

Def want a wrasse. Thought about the marine beta but heard they were shy and hide most of the time unless the lights are out. They had a nice stock at the LFS today. Glad the tank wasn't up cause in could have spent a lot. Had a nice long tentacle nem. Def putting one of those in. Along with a rose or green bubble tip.

Idk if u want this type of wrasse or not but cleaner wrasse's are really neat.
I was snorkeling in florida, and one of them came up to me, and followed me around for 20 mins or so. If and when i get a sw tank, im def getting one.

I had a cleaner wrasse for over 5 years. It was the tamest fish I ever kept. He was so difficult to feed in the beginning but after that he ate anything and got three or four small feedings a day. Amazing fish.

He will be added to the list of possible candidates. Want five in the end. Have to clowns now.

Guy I know that I sold some corals too had a coral Beauty in his reef tank that leaves everything alone so I might grab it.

Mixing up some water. If I can convince the wife to let me put it in the spot I want I will begin today. I think it will look better and will be a lot easier to do the move when it doesn't have to go in the same spot as the old. We will see. Pics if I can get this going.

So f-Ing annoyed. After trying many different places I have to put the 40 on hold. It is to big to go where I wanted it. I mean it fits but due to its size it doesn't look right. Feel like screaming right now. Tomorrow I am off to find a tank that will work for me. Guess the breeder will sit in the basement for a couple years till we move. Was so aggravated I almost sold everything. Going to look for a corner or a real cube. Not the biocube. Ugh. Wtf.

So f-Ing annoyed. After trying many different places I have to put the 40 on hold. It is to big to go where I wanted it. I mean it fits but due to its size it doesn't look right. Feel like screaming right now. Tomorrow I am off to find a tank that will work for me. Guess the breeder will sit in the basement for a couple years till we move. Was so aggravated I almost sold everything. Going to look for a corner or a real cube. Not the biocube. Ugh. Wtf.

No way brother. I feel you but don't give up! Text me if you want to. We can figure this out.

Sorry to hear it. Still, I'm sure you'll figure something out. We've all been there. I can't make up my mind at all about what size to get for my next reef.

Sorry to hear it. Still, I'm sure you'll figure something out. We've all been there. I can't make up my mind at all about what size to get for my next reef.

That's the crappy part I had my mind made up lol. Think I am going to order a 24x24x18 cube. 45 gallons.

Was out looking around and found a nice cube that would give me a little more room than my biocube and came with a nice matching stand.

So it is that or a 24x24 cube which i like but not as much as the breeder. So thinking of doing the other cube and putting all the stuff I have for the 40 into downstairs until I have a nice spot for it and then I could just set it right up and not have to buy anything cause I already have it all.

For what it's worth the new cube would be mostly my clowns and nems.

Aahh i liked the breeder...esp.the stand..why exactly wasnt it working for you?? After all that work you must be able to figure placement for it....

Ok this will be my 45 gallon cube build now. Just ordered the tank and it should be here Friday. Got most of the wood for the stand so I can get back to building another stand. Ugh not looking forward to it. Will be using a table saw this time so hopefully it will be easier. The cube is a 24x24x18. Really nice foot print

Can I change the title of this tread to 45 gallon cube? Anyway. Build is under way again. Did the frame with the kids tonight. Need to go on my computer to load some pics. Need to go get wood for the skin in the mourning.

Haha awesome. Can't wait. Yea you can change it. Try going advanced when hitting the edit button or ask a mod.

Weather you get the name changed or not we'll be following it all the way. My favorite tanks are the cubes. Really looking forward to this.

Weather you get the name changed or not we'll be following it all the way. My favorite tanks are the cubes. Really looking forward to this.

+1! Sorry about the bump in the road, but I'm certainly still excited to see where your tank is headed. :)

Back
Top Bottom