45 Gallon Bio Cube

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well the LFS is suppose to get the tank in the am. Hope it gets delivered before the storm get too bad. Looking at possibly over two frikin feet in my area. O ya I am on a 24 hour shift Saturday. O well.

Well the LFS is suppose to get the tank in the am. Hope it gets delivered before the storm get too bad. Looking at possibly over two frikin feet in my area. O ya I am on a 24 hour shift Saturday. O well.

Haha I feel your pain. Gear up for the big one!! Stay safe brother!! Hope it's a quite tour.

Me too. Hopefully people just stay home. That's usually the worst issue. I made a list of things I am probably going to order on Sunday.

Tunze Osmolator or Osmolator Nano can't decide

Aqua fuge 2 size medium

Reef Keeper Lite with temp prop. Then will add a ph on

If I end up getting the nano I will order all three if my the reef keeper will have to wait. So we will see. The nano is so new that not many opinions. The regular one is probably the best ATO out there.

Good luck at work and hopefully the tank gets there before it gets to bad. Been snowing since about 3pm up here has only amounted to about 4-5in from what I can see. According to the weather forecasters its "Snowmagedon". Lol

Not to get off track but i hope for your sake 22 that everyone does stay in...we here in va got it 3years ago to the week...except we got zoinked 2x..... For a total of 4' in 2weeks... Also cant wait to see your new build..stay safe this weekend ....:)

Well got the tank yesterday. Love it. Black silicone looks awesome. Got some stuff to make a clear screen top for it as well. Stuck at work for now. We got 28.5 inches. Way to **** much. Power came back on just in time. Tank temp was dropping fast in the cube.

28.5" yuuukkkkk...!:p glad u were able to get ur tank though...any ideas what u putting in it once its cycled?

28.5" yuuukkkkk...!:p glad u were able to get ur tank though...any ideas what u putting in it once its cycled?

Hoping for not much of a cycle as I am moving everything from my biocube right into it. My two BW clowns will be the only fish for now. Then my cleaner. I am going to look at a house tomorrow to do a long lease on so if that happens we would be moving April one. Meaning tank upgrade on hold till then. If that's the case may set up my 10 gallon to keep my clowns and two favorite corals in and do a full new setup of the cube.

Sounds likes a plan brother. Good luck with the house thing and I see you made it through the storm.

I'm working. Long day with all this white crap. Hope tonight is quite. Will put up some pics of the tank tomorrow.

Well stay safe brother and good luck tomorrow. That item will ship Monday. Not sure if I mentioned that. With all the white stuff things got crazy.

Well stay safe brother and good luck tomorrow. That item will ship Monday. Not sure if I mentioned that. With all the white stuff things got crazy.

It's ok that's fine. Well was more of an adventure night than I figured. Had a three alarm in he town over we had to go pump a ladder. Nothing like running the pump when it's 9 degrees out.

Oh yipee skatin rink anyone... Im friends with some vols here in my hometown..this is why they hate cold winters...ice is just as dangerous as the fire is....

And us reefers hate it if we lose the juice.. Fish cant swim in jumbo icecubes....

63061-albums11355-picture51217.jpg

63061-albums11355-picture51216.jpg

63061-albums11355-picture51218.jpg

well for those of you following still. This is the new stand that i built for the cube. just needs to be painted and it will be ready to go.

I like that you'll have the tank counter-sunk into the stand. It's a nice touch along with the decorative molding. Are you going to stain, polyurethane or paint it?

I like that you'll have the tank counter-sunk into the stand. It's a nice touch along with the decorative molding. Are you going to stain, polyurethane or paint it?

I am going to use gloss black paint. Did a fit test with the tank looks like I measured ok. Perfect fit. I would like to stain it but I am no finish carpenter so there are a coupe spots I need to fill with a little silicone to fill in small gaps so paint it is. Plus I have it from the last build

Glad it all turned out ok and everyone is safe. Stand looks real good. I like the molding, it's a nice touch. Can't wait to see this thing when it's done!

63061-albums11355-picture51288.jpg
st
stand is all painted black. the door is painted as well . going to get some hardware tomorrow so i can put it on. i am painting the back of the tank blue now. waiting on the second coat to dry. once i get the money from the sale of my breeder i will be ordering the stuff i need to set it up. i will be ordering the following

Aquafuge2 size small
Tunze Osmolator Nano ATO
Bulk Reef Supply Reactor and some carbon and GFO to run in it.

was going to get the medium fuge but then i wont have room for a skimmer down the road. it would have only left me 5 inches.

Also made the frame for my screen top and will get the screen tomorrow from the LFS. made the first try too tight and it was bending the frame. looks nice though.

Back
Top Bottom