45 Gallon Bio Cube

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

22engine

Aquarium Advice Addict
Well here we go. Decided to upgrade to a 40 breeder from my biocube just want more space but not a huge tank and I like the foot print of the 40 breeder. Plus I got it for 35 bucks at Petco during there dollar sale. I am going sump less and keeping it simple. I have a reef octopus bh2000 skimmer. Thing is a beast and rated for 125 gallons so it won't have a problem handling things. Then I will go with either a hob filter with some carbon for water polish or go with a reactor with carbon and GFO. Haven't decided. Open to suggestions. I am getting a custom built stand on Saturday and hoping to do the move Sunday or Monday. Painted the back of the tank blue and did a test fit of the skimmer today. Only thing I am worried about is the move. I am using the 35 lbs or so of my established live rock and will use 20 gallons of the water and use 20 new mixed. Going with black sand and will seed with sand from my current tank. Here are some pics to get this going.

image-806169283.jpg

image-4238166752.jpg

image-344691889.jpg

That's going to look awesome when it's all done. What about a biopellet reactor instead? The GFO and carbon reactors would be more efficient than a filter. Black sand will really make the corals pop.

I'm in for this ride. Just my opinion. I like the natural look. Although I like black sand in my cichlid tank I don't like it in a reef tank. Just me though. To each there own.

I agree a reactor would be better suited. You have the power heads and heater etc.. So your almost there!

Are you planning on just the 1 AI fixture?

Can't wait to see this thread grow!

See what I started lol!!

Oh and I'm feeling the blue background and IMO all the more reason to go with white sand.

This pic is a shot from a guy near me on Boston reefers that gave me the liking to it. Still have until Sunday to change my mind lol. Yes I believe I will get a bulk reef supply reactor. I already have a pump so it won't be much.

Honesty convict I have been kicking the **** light thing back and forth for weeks. I can't swing for another sol and one def won't cover the spread. I have someone that wants my cube as is. Well empty but with the light. Plus it is silicones into the hood. I might go with a t5 for now till I can swing for some a pair of vega's or another LED.

Such strong LEDs though. What is the max light coverage? You couldn't put it higher up than usual and increase the intensity?

This pic is a shot from a guy near me on Boston reefers that gave me the liking to it. Still have until Sunday to change my mind lol. Yes I believe I will get a bulk reef supply reactor. I already have a pump so it won't be much.

Honesty convict I have been kicking the **** light thing back and forth for weeks. I can't swing for another sol and one def won't cover the spread. I have someone that wants my cube as is. Well empty but with the light. Plus it is silicones into the hood. I might go with a t5 for now till I can swing for some a pair of vega's or another LED.

I hear ya, ya gotta do what ya gotta do. It's bitter sweet, seeing the cube go...

Here is that pic I forgot. He as a 4 bulb t5 and obv the black sand

image-1907823536.jpg

Beautiful tank. IMO it needs more red or orange instead of just green and yellow. Very cool though.

Beautiful tank. IMO it needs more red or orange instead of just green and yellow. Very cool though.

Ya. He sent me the pic just to show me the black sand. All it is is the marine safe black Petco sand.

I had thought about doing black sand, but couldn't picture it. Love the look! Can't wait to see this transform into something even more beautiful than it already is!

Love the shade of blue you chose for the background!! :) I like the black sand, but I read someplace that its kinda a pain to keep clean looking.

Count me in! I'm definitely following along!!
::popcorn:: :)

Getting a good following. It's good keeps me motivated to get it up and running. Aqua scaping is going to be the hardest part I believe as usual lol. Will need to get more rock but want to do a more open look this time so I can do acans and brains. After the move first addition will be a Red bubble tip. Seeing as everything is coming from my 8-9 month established tank. Want to let it find a happy home before I add more coral.

Im following

I have a 40b, and i want to change to sw sometime

Back
Top Bottom