4g Reef Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
True, though I thought you were going to move up some corals, not just leave them on the sand bed. Got to leave room for growth...or not :D

True, though I thought you were going to move up some corals, not just leave them on the sand bed. Got to leave room for growth...or not :D

haha yeah i was just kidding im rather stocked. I will pick up cool pieces now and then of course but they will be distributed to my reef as well. I am going to change my 75g reef to LPS instead of SPS i find i love LPS so much more after having alot in this tank.

What's wrong w/ SPS...slowish growth, little movement, not as vibrant colors, harder to keep? Just curious as to why and since you have lighting capable of growing SPS would your LPS all be at the middle to bottom and none at the top so it would be empty at the top portion of the tank?

What's wrong w/ SPS...slowish growth, little movement, not as vibrant colors, harder to keep? Just curious as to why and since you have lighting capable of growing SPS would your LPS all be at the middle to bottom and none at the top so it would be empty at the top portion of the tank?

My leds are all on dimmers so I would think i can make it so the whole tank could be full. SPS just grow to slow and arnt colorfull enough in my area. I dont have any good coral shops that have a bunch of cool sps corals. I have lots of options for LPS. I havent had a "hard time" keeping them other then them just being killed by my hydroid issue. the ones that havent been killed have grown well. Maybe Ill just have a mixed tank and have some sps's at the top of the tank. I have a few left from the massacre in my 75g. I just really like the way LPS look.

I think my lighting in my 4g is a bit strong for zoas because they just do not want to open up all the way. That or my sexy shrimp are trying to snack on them haha

Well my GSP wernt coming out so i tossed some carbon into the back on the tank in a filter sock and now they are out. but my other zoas are all still closed up. My acan, trumpet, duncan, frogspawn,exina, mushrooms are all fully extended and looking great. I think the shrimp are still learning that their food are the shrimp pellets and they are probably pestering the Zoas.

or could there be other reasons because all the zoas are closed and the shrimp spend most their time on the duncan, frogspawn, and trumpet (one sits on each on) and I have never even seen them on the other side of the tank. there are a few zoas on the other side and they are tightly closed as well. what are some things i should look for?

Back
Top Bottom