6 gal nano what parts needed?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Alchemy129

Aquarium Advice Regular
hey i have kept small freshwater tanks for a few years now and recently upgraded to a 12 gallon from a 6 on one of my tanks, but anyway the point is i have a empty 6 gallon eclipse system 6 in my closet. Since i had the tank i was hoping to turn it into a small nano saltwater reef. I would like to keep live rock/sand and a feather duster, with some small corals like zoos along with a few small inverts.

what do i need to do to convert this tank to saltwater? Does anybody know any info on some lighting mods for this specific tank? I know i'll need some type of powerhead and a small heater but im totally ignorant about his stuff so can u tell what will fit and where to put it and how powerful the rating needs to be? Do i need to take out the old filter since i'll be using live rock cause that would add more room for lighting mods or is it still benficial to have in there? I'm not trying to be too fancy here i trying to this if its not too outrageous money wise to convert otherwise i would just buy a nano cube but i would prefer to use this tank as the idea of modding stuff is always appealing. Thanks for ur help!and replies i know im a noob.

come on, anybody? please...... i'm anxious to get started planning this correctly.

a nano tank is very difficult for a new SW hobbiest to maintain. You have very little water, so any change to the chemistry will have a greater impact than a larger tank. Mainly we're talking about salinity increase due to evaporation, heat from the light bulb, and keeping alkalinity and calcium levels up.

for corals, you'll need stronger lighting than what you currently have.

I'm gonna leave the rest up to the nano-reefers here.

Back
Top Bottom