7.5 Mr. Aqua Bowfront Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sneaky update:

I made some LR rubble (Actually fun!)

And I fixed the Aquaclear

Now this thread can start moving at a faster rate than snail speed (y)

I'll make sure some pics are posted later :thanks:

Big update!
We made it! We are now moved into our new apartment. :) We got here Wednesday and immediately put Corey's tank up since he had living beings. Everyone has made it thus far.
Today we got around to putting my tank up. :) I added 2 rocks to the front of the scape, and a bunch of small pieces in the back, since rock was clearly sparse in this tank. Everything is officially set up: put in the heater and thermometer, added the rock rubble to the AC, added rock to the display, running the fixed AC, got a piece of LR from Corey's tank and dosed ammo to 3 ppm. :D
Everything's kind of ugly right now: water's cloudy, rock dust everywhere, big ugly LR piece sitting out front, but if ya'll want pics I'll post 'em.
Also, I found a cheap ATO method. I'd heard on other forums of people using hamster water bottles as ATO, but one person decided to use the "Aqua Globes" plant waterers. I thought that was a fantastic idea, much prettier than a hamster bottle, so I picked up some mini aqua globes at the store. I'll have to rig up something to hold it in place.
That's all for now! :D

Awesome! Now you can finally make some progress with your tank! :D

Last edited:
Flake you're so so demanding.
img_1384541_0_99bf9a6b84e9f4154186916967bf4b06.jpg

u happy naow?! :)

Kelsey: Nah, mine is in our bedroom and Corey's is in the living room. I wouldn't want him to feel embarrassed over how much cooler mine is.... ;)

Last edited:
Yellow clown goby
3x sexy shrimp
Pom-pom crab
Snail CUC

Corals are kind of up in the air, but these are possibilities:
Frogspawn
Hammer
Torch
Zoas
Rics
Xenia
Shrooms
Maxi-minis
Duncans
Clove polyps
Pipe organ
GSP

I'm hoping to stock pretty heavily with corals.

Cycling update:
Still somewhere around 1-2 ppm ammo.
Haven't seen nitrites.
5-10 nitrates.
:D

Also, we went into a highly recommended LFS (High Tide Aquarium) last Saturday and it was pretty nice. Several rimless tanks, had some ecoxotic panorama modules supplementing actinic, nice corals. It was a clean, bright store, which is a nice change for a LFS; it was well organized. The guy working seemed knowledgable and friendly, but we didn't talk to him too much. Not a huge fish selection; the store seemed more focused on corals. Corey visited another LFS (Cutting Edge Aquatics) yesterday, which was apparently a disappointment. We've pretty much decided High Tide will be "our LFS."

Well, yesterday I got back from orientation for my university, and naturally the first thing I wanted to know was my tank parameters. :cool:
0 0 20. :D Added a couple drops of ammo (ended up at 2ppm) last night to feed it, and to test it. The ammo processed kind of slowly, so I want to make sure it can process it within 24 hours. We'll see this evening.
Also, since I'm getting closer and closer to stocking, I've been toying around with the idea of a blue neon goby and yellow neon goby. :brows: The yellow's are slightly uncommon, because they're illegal for capture so they're only available captive bred (according to ORA). It would cost way more than a YCG too.
Anyway, it'll probably depend on what my LFS can get since yellow neons are out of stock online everywhere I've looked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom