a riyal dottyback nano tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If you are planning ahead start looking for free stuff or used stuff. Get things like a light, filter, powerheads first and stash those away. Then when petco has their $ a gallon sale hit that and get the biggest tank that will work for your light and filter. Remember the tank will always be the cheapest part so look for deals on other things.

You could get the top fin ten gallon starter kit... It comes with a filter, heater, light, tank and hood. You'll have to replace the filter though cuz its crap. I got mine for 60$ at petsmart.

SleepsWithFish said:
You could get the top fin ten gallon starter kit... It comes with a filter, heater, light, tank and hood. You'll have to replace the filter though cuz its crap. I got mine for 60$ at petsmart.

I work for petsmart and I agree on replacing the filter. The top fin filter line is less than desirable. And if you're not in any hurry to buy, wait a couple months. In december they have a friends and family weekend and you can get 15% off your entire purchase!

Yeah I replaced the filter with an aquaclear 20 and it's amazing! ALSO, if replaced the top fin filter with the aquaclear you could do the fuge mod and stick some chaeto in there!

I keep a 70 aqua clear filter on hand in case I need it. I have a 30 aquaclear filter as well but for a saltwater tank it really isn't big enough unless it goes on a pico. It is always a good idea to start picking up things that you can use on a variety of sizes of tanks. In a pinch I could start a tank from 10 gallon up to a 55 with stuff I have put away in an emergency.

Back
Top Bottom