Acro's never do good in my BC29 WHY?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Convict2161

Aquarium Advice Addict
Water parameters are good. Lights are good. So.. I'm thinking too much light? Too much flow? Too little flow? Too little light?

I have the AI SOL BLUE LED built into my stock hood. The whites are set to 50% at noon and the blues a bit higher and the royals a bit higher then the rest. The flow was up until today 2 Koralia 425's. The Acro's were always at the top right.

Here you can see it top right.

image-824043663.jpg

Here you can see the bottom is turning white. Not the tips.

image-4223029451.jpg

I've read up and from I've read it's saying it has a disease or something? This is my 3rd attempt at an Acro in the same spot. The guys at the saltwater fish store always tell me it will do awesome under my lights and at that spot. That's the only spot that has nothing. Any suggestions on what I can keep there or what I'm doing wrong? It would have to take lots of light and I just took the 2 power heads out and added 1 MP10 which I'm excited about.

Yes I'll take a much better shot and a top shot when I get a minute. I don't think it's too close to another coral only because I kept that spot open for a nice branching type coral that I want. I'm not gonna give up. They say there hard to keep but I'll figure something out. Maybe a birds nest?

As soon as I can I'll take those pics.

I looked into Aiptasia also I don't see anything near it. They do well for about a month or 2 then start to fail.

I run chemi pure elite, purigen and phosguard.

Sniperhank said:
What kind of acro is it...i can see it bleaching, but is it supposed to be really brown?

Last pic right side. It doesn't look like some of the branches are turning white? Maybe it's just me. I'll get the correct name. I know it came from Fiji. I got it from LiveAquaria.

Suppose to brown with green tips. At night I use to see the green glowing under the moonlights now I don't see anything.

Sorry. I read your post wrong. So you can see it. I wonder why. My parameters are all fine. Maybe not enough light?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom