Add one more?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Readingexcalibur

Aquarium Advice Addict
Currently have 2 clowns, 1 yellow watchman goby, 1 six line wrasse. Wife is bugging me to get a bangaii cardinal to Finnish the 28g nano reef. Can this be done? My rock work left a lot of large caves and didn't take up to much volume.

What are your water parameters? Do you find it easy to maintain the levels with the current stock that you have? in my opinion you could add one if you like. :) Just as long as you can maintain the tanks bioload.

A skimmer can be a helpful piece of equipment but isnt always necessary. I have a biocube 29g that had 7 fish in it and did just fine even though it was horribly overstocked. lol

Well I just used my API text kit. Everything was on the top of the chart. The nano has 1 year of run time. However it hasn't been mine but only for a month. I did get a low reading on my calcium. I'm going I dose that now.

I do not have a skimmer. Don't mind getting one. I do 5g water changes every three days. Premix in a bucket with an airstone turning it. Gotta be prepared! :). All of my fish are 1in or smaller. Starting them out young. If I do get the cardinal. I will wait another week as I added my 6 line a few days ago.

I know it is always tempting to add new stuff to the tank especially when it comes to salt water cause sky is the limit. Bur unfortunately you have to take into consideration fish growth. Once your fish start to grow there is going to be double the bio load your tank is currently processing and housing a fish should be a longterm plan cause these gorgeous fish are entrusting us with our lives.

As hard a it may be I would suggest to stick with what you have at the moment.

I think as long as you have good filtration, do wter changes, and maintain good perameters then you can definitly have a bangaii cardinal. :)

Found this article. Thinking I was going to buy a protein skimmer since the wide wants this cardinal. This made me think otherwise for sure! Like you said Carey, good water changes!

Back
Top Bottom