Added first fish now what

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ozzlil

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Ok I cycled my 29 g -levels all good... Added live rock yesterday and my first creatures today....A peppermint shimp(which I haven't seen since I dumped him in) two small hermit crabs and a three stripe damsel. Anxious to add a clownfish and some soft corals...how many days should I wait, checking the ph, ammonia, nitrites etc,until I add the clown and soft corals?

Ozzlil said:
Ok I cycled my 29 g -levels all good... Added live rock yesterday and my first creatures today....A peppermint shimp(which I haven't seen since I dumped him in) two small hermit crabs and a three stripe damsel. Anxious to add a clownfish and some soft corals...how many days should I wait, checking the ph, ammonia, nitrites etc,until I add the clown and soft corals?

It is best to wait a little while before adding your next creatures. Slow and steady wins the race. Corals generally do not have a high bio load, so IMO you can add them a bit more frequently than fish. Whenever you add a new fish, make sure to check your parameters and make sure they are okay. :)

As for your Peppermint Shrimp; Mine is very secretive also, so I wouldn't fret.

I am happy to answer any further questions if you have any.

You cycled before adding rock?

It is best to wait before you add more livestock, however depending on how you cycled and how strong of bio-filter you have, you might be able to add more now.

But anyways, I would know what you were doing with the first fish before you go adding more. Just get some experience. That way in case you mess up there won't be too many casualties LOL. Spoken from experience. :(

Back
Top Bottom