Added my first fish...after 6 months!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SeeDemTails

Aquarium Advice Freak
Well, after my 10 gal tank has been up and running for 6 months, I finally have about 25lbs of rock in it, and a good light...I got a 96 watt CF coralife retrofit kit. I added a small peice of pulsating xenia from a friends tank and decided to buy a fish. I wanted something small, and reef safe. After much research I decided to get a neon dottyback. He is great!

I plan to add a cleaner shrimp and a bunch of coral.

What should I feed the dottyback....I have some marine flakes, but I want to feed him better...any reccomendations?

Variety is the best food you can select. No one product out there has the nutritional balance that's perfect for your fish, so rotate through a bunch of diffrent foods. Buy non-frozen foods in the smallest quantities available, so that the food is still fresh down to the bottom of the bottle.

Do a search on the forum here for DIY food, for great ideas of foods available at your grocery store to feed him.

Pseudochromis are carnivores, so a varity of shellfish and sea fish would be good for him.

P.S. Keep in mind that he will outgrow your tank in time.
http://www.etropicals.com/product/prod_Display.cfm?siteid=41&pCatId=1319

Back
Top Bottom