Additional stocking ideas for my 10g

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

frostbite

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I'm looking I eventually add to my tank. I know I can't add anymore fish so I'm looking for inverts and eventually more coral. Any recommendations?
I currently have:
Mocha OC
Peppermint shrimp
Astrea snail
Turbo snail
Narcissus snail
Green star polyps
Green button polyps
Trumpet coral
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1395710000.551936.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1395710089.980582.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1395710114.797884.jpg

I also just rescaped so let me know what you think! Critiques welcome.
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1395710140.628931.jpg

Hi Frostbite,

I am working on a 10g nano myself. While I am no pro, basically a newbie, have you thought about maybe a crab of some kind or tube worms?

Pics look great, can't wait to start posting some of mine :)

Couple things:
1. Love your clown. His colors are great.
2. I personally do not like the arch look in rock, but I think you did a really good job with it. It's balanced really well in your tank. I like that you're using all live rock. Mine is mostly base rock due to cost but the dark rock contrasts well with the white sand.
3. What powerhead are you using and how much current are you getting? I'm looking for power heads for my 10 and am just wondering what you think of yours.
4. Which of your corals is the big greenish one on the right? It's awesome.

Excited to see how the corals fill in.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Thanks for the reply Dave! I would love to put a crab in there but from what I've been reading, crabs eat snails! I haven't thought about tube worms yet, but I have some hitchhiker bristle worms in there. I love my tank but it can get expensive

Thanks for the reply Dave! I would love to put a crab in there but from what I've been reading, crabs eat snails! I haven't thought about tube worms yet, but I have some hitchhiker bristle worms in there. I love my tank but it can get expensive

Yeah, I am seeing it can get expensive lol. But I feel it is going to be well worth it.

I heard the same thing about crabs as well, I am planning on the porcelain crabs for mine. From my understanding they won't bother the snails, plus from what I have read they will host in an anemone also which I plan on getting later on once my tank has been up for a little while.

The tube worms look so cool and from what I have ready easy to take care of and good for beginners. Haven't seen bristle worms yet...gonna have to google them now hahaha. (y)

Helios, I also love my clown! His personality is awesome. I just rescaped it, so it's temporary for now (unless I grows on me. He loves swimming through it.)
I have 2 koralia 240gph power heads. One for some reason has more output, but other than that they work really nice. I do water changes once, sometimes twice a week depending on the water quality.
As for the corals on the right, they're the green button polyps. They look amazing under my moonlight. Best thing is I got that entire colony for $25 :)

Here's a pic of my tank before the rescape. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1395720006.595258.jpg
The new arrangement provides for better flow in my opinion

I have a bunch of large branching Duncan's in my ten and I love the look of them. You could get a torch or something flowing that will look good too :)

Ah, looks great, I have two tens myself. Hermit Crabs will kill snails for their shells out of instinct, not normal crabs. Pom Poms are a great addition to 10s because they get lost in bigger tanks.

For lighting I have a Nova Extreme pro. It's a T5 with 6 18watt bulbs, 3 white 3 blue.

Bectan, won't the torch outgrow the tank? I would love to get something for him to host, but from what I'm reading not a lot of corals like that or frogspawn work well in a small tank. But I might be wrong?
It's been two months since I put coral in the tank so I'm itchin for something new :)

Yes maybe in time, I guess I don't worry to much about that because I have a 55 also. You could get a small one and see how it goes. I don't see fast growth with mine...

Back
Top Bottom