Advice!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BK11

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I've been a fresh water man all my life now I'm looking to get saltwater system as well, I'm very new to this so I just wanted to ask for some advice.
I'm looking to buy a nano tank and I'm just curious if this looks like a good set up for a beginner ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1396949656.478211.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1396949675.748762.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1396949700.379233.jpg

Not sure about all the specs of the tank
I just saw it on a website for a cheap price and thought it was a good place to start

Well, I can tell ya that it has a striped cardinal and some algae issues. Cardinals get to be a nice size , I think 3 or 4 inches( don't quote me on that, it's been a while haha) and has a decent coral selection

Cool thanks!
Does it look to crowded? (Coral)

Well, I don't think so but them agian I am only recongize the mushroom corals in the back. And it's only a half tank shot on the close up.

Well, I wouldn't want to buy a tank that already has all the livestock. It really wouldn't be "your" tank. You didn't pick the corals, or the fish, so it's pretty meaningless.

I see a lot of algae and some BIG aiptasia, so I have to imagine they are on the verge of taking over the tank. IMHO you'd be better passing on that, I agree with Mac hat it's way better to build your own tank then take someone else's. You don't know how they ran there system or what they put into the tank that might cause you problems. You can pick up a 20 long from petco for $20 right now, which is a nice easy starter tank and build your own, which you will enjoy a lot more than cleaning up this persons mistakes. Just my $.02

I think that it's more fun to start a new tank and choose your own stocking.

Thanks!
I think I will start my own tank I just thought it would be easier to learn on a mature tank
I really appreciate the feedback :)

Back
Top Bottom